• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL One Piece Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyUs

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET410
  3. SCT410
I gotta confess, I was skeptical when I seen the one piece motor mount pictured in the SCT410SL's description page.
1678115802725.png

After going through different teeth, and multiple brands of pinion gears, I was overjoyed with the mesh being pretty much spot on. The amount of spur gear rocking, when checking mesh all around the spur gear, was right where I like it. I give the mount a big two thumbs up. (y) (y)

If a quick change of a pinion is of the utmost importance to you, this may not be the motor mount for you :LOL:. I found it easiest to take the whole center diff out. Having undone eight screws undone... poof! You can now begin to undo motor screws. A powered screwdriver/drill helped when I was testing many pinions one right after the other. Some may try to undo the motor screws with a funky ball end hex driver, but not me. Once I find the sweet spot for the gearing, the mount won't pose an issue with my impatience... "set it, and forget it".

I don't foresee any bending of the mount. It's looks beefy enough to withstand most anything. I'm looking forward to giving it a good shakedown in the next couple of weeks... weather permitting.

I gotta confess, I was skeptical when I seen the one piece motor mount pictured in the SCT410SL's description page.
View attachment 9138

After going through different teeth, and multiple brands of pinion gears, I was overjoyed with the mesh being pretty much spot on. The amount of spur gear rocking, when checking mesh all around the spur gear, was right where I like it. I give the mount a big two thumbs up. (y) (y)

If a quick change of a pinion is of the utmost importance to you, this may not be the motor mount for you :LOL:. I found it easiest to take the whole center diff out. Having undone eight screws undone... poof! You can now begin to undo motor screws. A powered screwdriver/drill helped when I was testing many pinions one right after the other. Some may try to undo the motor screws with a funky ball end hex driver, but not me. Once I find the sweet spot for the gearing, the mount won't pose an issue with my impatience... "set it, and forget it".

I don't foresee any bending of the mount. It's looks beefy enough to withstand most anything. I'm looking forward to giving it a good shakedown in the next couple of weeks... weather permitting.
How do you like that Tekin 4600kv? I am building an SCT410.3 right now and am contemplating putting a hw 4300 or trying out the Tekin 4600 or 4300HD. I have never tried Tekin yet. Currently running the hobbywing 4300 in my et410.2

Recent Popular Liked

Back