• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Note to Tekno, Much Needed Kit Improvement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
To the powers at Tekno. We need you to improve your body mount system to increase the flexibility of mounting spacing width. How hard would it be to offer a bar to go across the towers that has different mounting spacing? Most of us are not racers and want more offerings for different bodies. Like the spacing Armma uses and Traxxas for starts. Offer it, or them, as an accessory, not in the kits, like your metal servo arm upgrade.. Finding bodies that fit is not easy with few offerings. LOVE your kits. HATE the limits on body mounting. Can take almost as long to figure out a body and how to mount as build a kit.

Any 3D printers out there to make and offer such a product?

To the powers at Tekno. We need you to improve your body mount system to increase the flexibility of mounting spacing width. How hard would it be to offer a bar to go across the towers that has different mounting spacing? Most of us are not racers and want more offerings for different bodies. Like the spacing Armma uses and Traxxas for starts. Offer it, or them, as an accessory, not in the kits, like your metal servo arm upgrade.. Finding bodies that fit is not easy with few offerings. LOVE your kits. HATE the limits on body mounting. Can take almost as long to figure out a body and how to mount as build a kit.

Any 3D printers out there to make and offer such a product?
I hear ya, the Tekno mounts leave much to be desired. After tearing up a kaiju and avalanche body in short order due to no support, I made my own.

More information on how you make your own. Please.

Aluminum angle,Losi body posts. The aluminum angle I used is a bit heavy, but after 2 years and 3 bodies it's never bent. The t2t is from an Arrma. Got it for like $1.99 off JRC. Can't remember what model it was for but I believe JRC lists the lengths of them on their site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221005-080651_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221005-080651_Samsung Internet.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Resized_20201226_154942.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_154942.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Resized_20201226_155138.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_155138.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 142
  • Resized_20201226_154935.jpeg
    Resized_20201226_154935.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 146
Great mods. Think the Armma post would also work. Thanks for sharing.

Aluminum angle,Losi body posts. The aluminum angle I used is a bit heavy, but after 2 years and 3 bodies it's never bent. The t2t is from an Arrma. Got it for like $1.99 off JRC. Can't remember what model it was for but I believe JRC lists the lengths of them on their site.
Did you mount the T2T on the angle? and then the angle is connected to the shock tower on the shock standoffs and center screw right?

Looks great!

It was just what I had on hand really. Yes, the t2t is connected to the angle, angle to the shock towers via standoffs. I'm not a huge air guy or anything, but like I said 2 years in, still holding up well.
Plus is, the t2t brace makes a convenient handle to carry it by,LOL.
I originally used this setup on my kaiju, got tired of breaking the cheesy stock redcat bits.
Used some leftovers for the mt410.
Credit for the idea goes to Megasty over on AF. I first saw the idea from him in the kaiju megathread.

An example of how fragile Tekno body mount are. First bump on the top and this is the result. Going to get metal today and build after KnowAir's ideal. Great for racing but worthless for any other use.

Attachments

• IMG_2094.jpeg
    IMG_2094.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 127
An example of how fragile Tekno body mount are. First bump on the top and this is the result. Going to get metal today and build after KnowAir's ideal. Great for racing but worthless for any other use.
Yup, I don't think it took a week before I changed them out.

Got supplies ordered. Local Tractor Supply was out of stock. Looking forward the the project. Looks not hard.

Definitely not..unless you wanna get fancy. Obviously I'm not fancy. LOL. I like the Losi posts, but you can use whatever. If/when I get around to stretching my mt410, I'll have to come up with a longer t2t rod I guess. I don't really run mine that hard but figured since theres not alot of give in the mounts it's a good idea to have..IDK. Thought I would be doing more flips and shenanigans when I built the mt410, I got bored of back flipping pretty quickly though.

If one uses the M2C chassis and towers, has been reported do not need anything but stock braces as the chassis is so strong.

Looks like metal supplier is close, suppose to be here tomorrow. Hope so. Give me a nice indoor away from smoke project.

I have no need for the M2C stuff. Great option for those who do.

No doubt M2C makes top shelf products, just defies my nature of being frugal. I take pride in making my own solutions. Function over form for me, I couldn't care less what it looks like.
But that's just me. I see many nice clean,blinged out rigs here and elsewhere, if that's what makes one happy, great!! I can respect that.
Like I said, some need the M2C parts to keep it working to their satisfaction. After nearly 2 years of owning the mt410, I haven't needed any M2C but it's nice to know it's available.
I can however see myself buying some of those delrin shock bushings for my Arrmas..Tekno def has better quality rod ends, pivot balls an such. I've already replaced my kraton exb shock rod ends,spring cups and pivot balls with Tekno parts. Steer and camber link ends are next..

I just hacked a set of Arrma body posts for my SCT410, not perfect but they'll work for now. Still need to come up with something to get the front set to 90 degrees
HTBP1.jpg

HTBP2.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back