• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Note on Shocks o-ring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Herron

Reaction score
Building ET 410-2 and at the shock building steps. There is a note on both the front and rear shock instructions that says if using SCT wheels Do Not Install o-rings here. The wheels I've bought are Pro-Line SC 2.2 Badlands. I guess that means for me to not use the o-rings.? Won't the shocks leak? I am somewhat a rookie. Albeit an old one.
Thanks for the replies! More questions will follow

And the note says SCT and I'm using SC so don't know if that distinction matters

Building ET 410-2 and at the shock building steps. There is a note on both the front and rear shock instructions that says if using SCT wheels Do Not Install o-rings here. The wheels I've bought are Pro-Line SC 2.2 Badlands. I guess that means for me to not use the o-rings.? Won't the shocks leak? I am somewhat a rookie. Albeit an old one.
Thanks for the replies! More questions will follow
The orings the instructions are referring to are the black ones that go on the outside of the shock cartridge, they are used as uptravel limiters. Since the ET410 can run both stadium truck tires (which are shorter) and SC tires (which are taller) we included uptravel limiters that make it so the chassis bottoms outjust before the shocks do regardless of which wheel/tire combo you run.

The orings the instructions are referring to are the black ones that go on the outside of the shock cartridge, they are used as uptravel limiters. Since the ET410 can run both stadium truck tires (which are shorter) and SC tires (which are taller) we included uptravel limiters that make it so the chassis bottoms outjust before the shocks do regardless of which wheel/tire combo you run.

I sure appreciate your quick reply.
See attached photo and you may see why I’m still confused
Thanks!

Attachments

• C7B3BB89-5293-4982-826B-23262A991324.jpeg
    C7B3BB89-5293-4982-826B-23262A991324.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 62
I sure appreciate your quick reply.
See attached photo and you may see why I’m still confused
Thanks!
The internal orings (circled in red) are the only ones that are doing any sealing. The external orings (circled in green) are only there to provide a physical stop for the shock.

Attachments

• oring_placement.jpg
    oring_placement.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 61

Recent Popular Liked

Back