• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

NO REST FOR THE WICKED 🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front CVA / spindle & carrier assembly and camber links done.🤩
image.jpg

BUMMER! Hit a snag😵‍💫. Servo saver post and nut totally stripped 😩.
image.jpg
Ordered another set, should be here in a couple of days.

While waiting for steering assembly replacement I’ve skipped ahead and completed front and rear shock assembly. Dang! Those shock adjustment nuts are a pain with those rubber rings.😩
image.jpg

I found when building the shocks I put all the parts onto a mips driver and then slide the whole assembly into the bottom of the shock. I usually give it a light coating of green slime and then add a little to the shock shaft when I get to that point. I usually save the shocks for last before putting the electronics in as it’s my least favorite part of the build.

I found when building the shocks I put all the parts onto a mips driver and then slide the whole assembly into the bottom of the shock. I usually give it a light coating of green slime and then add a little to the shock shaft when I get to that point. I usually save the shocks for last before putting the electronics in as it’s my least favorite part of the build.
Yep😉 I build them the same way. I’m talking about these darn things.
86593A2C-1B9E-4431-97E6-0BF4F2A7A25A.jpeg The nut threads on easily without the rubber ring, but that ring is challenging.

on my et410 they went right on with minimal fuss, the et48 they were almost impossible to get on. Later I saw people were recommending to cut the oring and only put part of it into the spring perch prior to assembly.

on my et410 they went right on with minimal fuss, the et48 they were almost impossible to get on. Later I saw people were recommending to cut the oring and only put part of it into the spring perch prior to assembly.
I’ve seen some give up and leave the o rings off (myself included). I’m going to have to go back and check my other Tekno shocks and give them another try.

Rear assembly completed ✅
image.jpg
dang! These screws were tough! I even used chapstick and three clockwise/1 counterclockwise threading.
image.jpg

I’ve had good luck with my hw stuff so far but have a few local friends running Tekin stuff too. I think you can’t really go wrong with either.

Was going to put MKS X5 HBL550 in but have decided to go with Promodeler DS635BLHV 15t spline.
image.jpg
5D833ABB-A7D8-405E-87A7-8250186E945A.png
should be here this week.

Electronics installed. A little nervous about the servo wire length. I’ll probably get an extension.
image.jpg

Well it’s done, sort of…..I originally did an absolutely horrible job of soldering on the ESC. So I ended up buying a second RX8 GEN3 and watching hours of YouTube. The original will end up getting cleaned up and used for something else. I’m happy with my soldering the second time around. Struggling a little bit with settings but I’ll figure it out sooner or later.
I’m in the process of airbrush painting an extra body. Wish me luck.
image.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back