• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

MT410 shock and differential oil recomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr8tor

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I'm having a devil of a time figuring out a good replacement oil for the shocks and differentials in my MT410.
Can anyone recommend something that is equivalent to the stock stuff that comes in the kit?
For now i want to get something that equates to the "weight" of what it comes with so i can first find a supplier/brand.
Then once i have established a baseline for performance, ill start playing with changing them around, but for now I'm looking for stock equivalent weights.
The differentials seems to be 100,000 and 50,000 weight, but translating this into losi's wt, or cst elsewhere, or weight, or "w", or #, or whatever else is mindbendingly hard for what it should be.
And shock oil is labeled as just 700 or #700 which is different from the differential "scale" and varies depending on where you look at it.

I don't have an immediate need, but don't want to wait until i need something to order it.

I prefer to shop at amainhobbies if possible, so links to there would be preferred but are not required. :)
That or amazon, but amazon doesn't seem to have much, or I'm searching for the wrong terms.

If your willing to shop somewhere else I’d recommend PT RC Racing Shock and Diff Oils or JTP Diff and Shock Fluid - They are all in CST and pretty much equivalent to the CST weights in the kit.

https://ptrcracing.com/

https://www.shopjtp.com/
5FC6D8B4-F12D-4C5B-A647-0168E2F05691.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't overcomplicate it by comparing different brands and cst and weight charts. Pick a brand and stick to it so any changes you make are consistent. As far as I know there are no standardizations for rc fluid weights. Personally most of my fluids are Team Associated, with a couple of Traxxas and Flash Point mixed in due to availability. If you use Amain and go to their oils and select the Associated shock oils they show you the bottle where it list both weight and cst. So you can for example select 55 wt and see it's 725 cst. Close enough. I believe they're diff fluids show as cst only. If you choose another brand use their chart if they have one for their oils.

Find the Traxxas shock oil CST to be closest to what the manual calls for. When talking 100k, think a little difference will not matter. Shock oil gives the biggest gain or loss in performance, I think, and why I looked and could only find the Traxxas oil CST to match.

Recent Popular Liked

Back