• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Alternate shock towers for MT410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Bent my shock tower, just slightly. Probably because I've been sending it a little too hard. 🤷‍♂️
20230415_173620.jpg

I'll still keep running it (it's not broken), but in the mean time, I'd like to find a replacement. Stock replacements are an option. M2C is an option, but it's expensive. What do you think about this direct-from-china option?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134527119340
Screenshot_20230415-171841_eBay.jpg

It's probably cheaper material, but it's substantially thicker. Worth a consideration for a budget fix?

I had to replace my front tower a couple weeks ago. It tore at the upper shock mount where it's machined thinner for the standoff. I went back with stock but was looking at CF. I still might try carbon for the hecks. I have carbon and kevlar towers on other rigs that have held up fine.

That ebay listing is the front and rear for 20 bones so it would be worth checking out.

Those cheap china towers don't even say what they are made of exactly, so I'd stay away from them. If the material was good quality, then they would want you to know that.

Bent my shock tower, just slightly. Probably because I've been sending it a little too hard. 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 9314
I'll still keep running it (it's not broken), but in the mean time, I'd like to find a replacement. Stock replacements are an option. M2C is an option, but it's expensive. What do you think about this direct-from-china option?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134527119340
View attachment 9316
It's probably cheaper material, but it's substantially thicker. Worth a consideration for a budget fix?
Basher Queen makes bread carbon fiber shock towers. I installed them on my Sledge.

Ended up ordering the shock towers last night. I figure I could experiment for 20 bucks.

However, I was also doing some reading last night that made me think I might want to invest in a T2T brace or shock tower braces. On M2C's website, they mention that their rear brace is recommended to prevent the issue of broken bulkheads that they've seen. I'm wondering if stiffer shock towers like the M2C ones (and pontentially these new ones as well) just transfer stress to the bulkhead and end up breaking stuff. Whereas the tekno stock shock towers just bend.

I'll let you know when I get them installed ;)

Ended up ordering the shock towers last night. I figure I could experiment for 20 bucks.

However, I was also doing some reading last night that made me think I might want to invest in a T2T brace or shock tower braces. On M2C's website, they mention that their rear brace is recommended to prevent the issue of broken bulkheads that they've seen. I'm wondering if stiffer shock towers like the M2C ones (and pontentially these new ones as well) just transfer stress to the bulkhead and end up breaking stuff. Whereas the tekno stock shock towers just bend.

I'll let you know when I get them installed ;)
Bending metal parts sucks, because those parts are expensive. I rather break a $10 to $15 dollar plastic part like the bulkheads TBH.

I also found that the super strong basher bodies act like a sort of tower to tower brace as well.

Recent Popular Liked

Back