• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Mt410 castle 1717 update: she’s a fiddlesticking RIPPER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tekno_craze

Reaction score
Alright men. So, I decided to go with the castle 1717 sensored 1650kv and the castle 1520 1650kv. I figured the one that wasn’t the best in my mt410, I’d toss in my notorious. Well, the 1717 came in the mail first and paired up with the mamba monster X, it’s a fiddlesticking ridiculous MONSTER on 4s. I know people say this a lot, but I seriously think those combo is just down right BEAUTIFUL I was full throttle, jumps, backflips, and nasty jumps for TWO ENTIRE PACKS and the motor/esc didn’t even get above 80 degrees and it was 91 outside today. With a 24t pinion!!!! The 1717 is a god send and answer to my prayers.... I’m still going to try the 1520 and see if the reduced weight is worth it and then just throw the 1717 in the notorious. For those thinking about doing it, JUST DO IT!!!!! I can go through 90 packs all day with it, it’s just the best thing ever. Thanks you guys for ALL the help, I think I’m finally 100% satisfied with the mt410!
Here’s a link to a short video I made of it, I honest to god did not even go passed 1/4 throttle. This car is a damn riot

How did you manage to stuff that pop can In There? Did you move the Center diff up with spacers or something? My can is 43mm dia(fins)and can’t use anything lower than 17t.

How did you manage to stuff that pop can In There? Did you move the Center diff up with spacers or something? My can is 43mm dia(fins)and can’t use anything lower than 17t.
No modifications at all man, fit right in! I can get some better images when I’m off work! Cars is a blast man. I couldn’t be any happier

dude am running the same ESC with the 1515 2200kv motor on my mt410. It overheats with a 17 or 16t if I drive it hard. Can't get a bigger motor can in there. How you do it bro, I'd get a bigger motor to solve my heat problems in a second. I just check the dimensions of it, please post a picture have no idea how you made that fit. I don't think I can get in with mitch's center brace though.

dude am running the same ESC with the 1515 2200kv motor on my mt410. It overheats with a 17 or 16t if I drive it hard. Can't get a bigger motor can in there. How you do it bro, I'd get a bigger motor to solve my heat problems in a second. I just check the dimensions of it, please post a picture have no idea how you made that fit. I don't think I can get in with mitch's center brace though.
Yeah man, I was rocking the 1515 also and man I got so sick of it getting super hot! I have the 1520 in it at the moment and it’s amazing too! I’m gonna probably keep the 1520 in it since it’s a little bit lighter than the 1717. I have the m2c game changer chassis so I have the esc mounted in the rear of the truck and didn’t have to do any modifications. The motor fits perfect!

Yeah, figured as much you have m2c wide chassis. I got all of mitch's braces including the two new shock towers. The 1515 motor just fits with the castle fans. But the 1515 motor is the only thing that fits with the stock chassis. Am waiting for the new et48 or getting the m2c wide chassis for the mt410. Does ur mt410 ride much different with the big chassis?

It sinks into the suspension a little bit more, but man it seems to just soak up the jumps so much better now. It jumped awesome before, but man I seriously think this chassis just made it that much better. I’ll get a close up vid here soon!

hey tekno craze, pls take a quick pick of your mt410 with the 1520 or the 1717 mounted pls. I wanna see what you did with the esc and how either motor fits. my mt410 defenetly overheats within 30 minutes and I just run another rig to let it cool off. tired!!!! am thinking of getting another mamba monster x combo with the 1520-1650 motor. I think the 1717 maybe an overkill. Am gonna use the existing 1515 in the soon to be ordered ET48 2.0. the truggy will have smaller wheels and I think the 1515 will run better in it (I hope).

Keen also to see a pic of the overall layout of the 1717 and ESC in the m2c chassis. Thinking about doing the same. Don't need a vid just a quick pic would be great. Cheers.

ordered the mamba monster x 8S with the 1520 motor combo last night from amain be here Sat. no et48 2.0 yet, on back order. gonna put this 1520 and big esc in the mt410 and see how it goes. praying for no over heat this summer! maybe put the monster x and 1515 in the truggy. dunno, we'll see. a pic of what you did would be nice though.

I’ll post up some pics today! I work nights so I just saw your guys comments! Ill post a video up on my channel of a little walk around also!

Here’s some pics! Video should be up soon also!

CDBBBEBF-36B4-4F7E-80FE-8B4F37C7EB1F.jpeg
602DC3E3-CDBB-4690-BC7E-2713AAF3D488.jpeg
22497B8E-B577-405C-8E7A-3E23C48070A2.jpeg

thanks for taking the time and posting the pics bro. your's looks real similar ;) got mich's heavy duty shock towers and all the braces too. I'll post a pic when I get the 1520 in there. am thinking of relocating the receiver and putting the esc where the receiver is. did you consider that? btw love your fans!

Here’s some pics! Video should be up soon also!
Thanks for the pics. So both the 1520 and 1717 were good choices? Do you think both could be run hard with big tires in hot weather WITHOUT any motor fans? My goal is definitely no motor fans. Maybe the 1717 was overkill for this weight of truck so you'll keep the 1520 in it? ESC can't go in the regular spot with either right?

Thanks for the pics. So both the 1520 and 1717 were good choices? Do you think both could be run hard with big tires in hot weather WITHOUT any motor fans? My goal is definitely no motor fans. Maybe the 1717 was overkill for this weight of truck so you'll keep the 1520 in it? ESC can't go in the regular spot with either right?
I personally prefer the 1520 solely because it’s lighter and seems to have a little more top end pull vs the 1717. The 1520 could be run all day without a fan and wouldn’t even break 110, granted you’re only running 4s.

Recent Popular Liked

Back