• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor mount for M4 threads. Large TP motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benlee1012

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a crazy basher ET48 2.0 with a TP 4070 but would prefer the extra durability of the 8mm shaft and M4 mounting. M3 just seems so small for a 107mm 635g weight motor!

I can get around the 8mm fitment issue with the larger pinion gear by flipping the pinion around and getting a longer 24mm output shaft (which TP offers) but I cannot find an aftermarket motor mount for M4 screws. Looking at the stock motor mount insert, there's not enough material around the holes to drill them out and still maintain its integrity.

Has anyone here got a solution?

Thank you for your help =)

i dont think there is one, but the older non 2.0 1/8s had the mount with both m3 and m4 screws, but it doesn't fit the 2.0 unfortunately.
you've got a more competition oriented car that has less basher options.

i would just buy an extra mount/insert and drill it and see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply. I see that this platform is gaining some traction as a basher platform. I'm hoping it'll get more aftermarket support soon. I did think about getting an MT410 and all the M2C upgrades for it to make that a basher instead but I've already bought all the M2C chassis braces and the massive shock towers for it. Would be a waste if I didn't use them.
Might do what you suggested and hope for the best! I may also need to shave down the area around the head of the M4 screw because the clearance is minimal with the M3 screw.

I’m onboard for M4 motor screws as well. Three maybe even. Two M3 screws look tiny holding up an 1/8th scale motor.

I’m onboard for M4 motor screws as well. Three maybe even. Two M3 screws look tiny holding up an 1/8th scale motor.
I agree, i'm surprised more 8th scale kits don't have m4 screw holes on the mounts considering most 8th scale motors have both m3 and m4 holes... i loved that about the old gen tekno mount having both sizes. I guess there just isn't enough need - the m3 screws are stronger than they look! They do look undersized for the job though, couldn't agree more.
i find it interesting that some monster trucks have m4 holes and even 3 or 4 of them but the competition rigs all seem to have the minimal required, maybe it's a weight savings thing but i'm surprised at least tekno wouldn't have kept the beefier option. But as I said I guess if it aint broke don't fix it. I've never heard of anyone's screws breaking even with extreme bashing using super long 80mm motors.

I can understand Tekno not doing it because they're predominantly race kits, not bashers but with the popularity of them for people wanting a better handling basher, I'm surprised there's not more aftermarket support. M2C has braces and cv shafts but no motor mount. I like the clamp down style of the Traxxas Sledge or HPI Savage Flux. Looks so strong compared to 2 tiny M3 screws. It's not landing on the wheels that's an issue, it's landing on the roof with the motor flexing upwards away from the chassis! I can easily support the bottom of the motor.
Maybe someone with a 3d printer can design and print something?

I’ve heard we can expect Vitavon to be releasing some Tekno parts in the near future.

MMM Germany make a mount that uses M4 screws. You have to look up Gary Mongol Jr. on Facebook and contact him if you are in the U.S. and he can help you out if you are outside the US :)

MMM Germany make a mount that uses M4 screws. You have to look up Gary Mongol Jr. on Facebook and contact him if you are in the U.S. and he can help you out if you are outside the US :)
Thanks for the info! I don't think I would've ever found out about this company. Doesn't come up when I'm searching for Tekno upgrades on Google. Seems they may only have a mount for MT410 not the ET48 2.0 though. The other parts look like they're super high quality!

Thanks for the info! I don't think I would've ever found out about this company. Doesn't come up when I'm searching for Tekno upgrades on Google. Seems they may only have a mount for MT410 not the ET48 2.0 though. The other parts look like they're super high quality!
Oh shoot sorry man I didnt read it properly at all lol! Forgot its a different mount 😞

Oh shoot sorry man I didnt read it properly at all lol! Forgot its a different mount 😞
All good! Glad you replied to me because this MMM brand has some great stuff and I never would've discovered them. It's hardly ever mentioned in this forum. Hard choice between them and M2C, as I can get M2C locally in Australia.
I'm thinking of just getting a MT410 kit to bash anyway and forget about trying to do it on the ET48 2.0

All good! Glad you replied to me because this MMM brand has some great stuff and I never would've discovered them. It's hardly ever mentioned in this forum. Hard choice between them and M2C, as I can get M2C locally in Australia.
I'm thinking of just getting a MT410 kit to bash anyway and forget about trying to do it on the ET48 2.0
I bought an MT410 kit and made an MT48.3 using the 48.3 chassis and shocktowers :)

this is the discontinued mount that fits the mt410 that has the m4 holes.

tkr5211.PNG

p/n TKR5211
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5211-motor-mount-insert-aluminum-gun-metal-anodized/

it's what i used when i had an mt410

not TKR5211X - this is the updated lightened mount w/o M4 holes

hard to find now as they haven't been made in years, but it was standard on the older 48.3 so they are still out there ...

Recent Popular Liked

Back