• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Motor / ESC and early upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nahteno

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Hey everyone, I finally purchased a Tekno EB48 2.0, got sick of upgrading parts on my readyset Kyosho MP9 (yes was told to get a kit at the start ) any way looking at setting up the Tekno when it arrives, i already have a Spektrum Firma 160A Brushless Smart ESC that i am planing on using and was thinking a 1900KV as seems to be what most people run, any ideas of brands that best match that (think its a Hobbywing reband) ? manly run on small tracks an open field bashig . Also is there anything i should order and upgrade straight of the bat? Look forward to building my first kit, could be interesting . Thanks in advanced Ryan

I will be running mine at a track that has a hard pack surface with loose dirt on the top. I opted to get the tall wing mount to help minimize the "pendulum" affect the wing can have on those looser conditions. Other than that, I plan to run stock and see how I like it.

Have read that if conditions are really bumpy and rutted then going with the tall rear tower and using the rear .4 shocks will help settle the car better. I may try that if I find the car doesn't settle like I want.

Cheers ill look into that yes one of my public local tracks is pretty hard surface. ( wife yelling at me stay on the track :) ) New to this whole race track thing and its alot hard than it looks thats for sure. keen to learn and understand car setups more.

Ryan

95389064_1206932426304756_465704248798085120_n.jpg

Thats a nice looking track there! Looks to be pretty smooth and probably a clay surface by the looks of it. After seeing that pic of your track I would run it box stock and mess with setup vs getting upgrades. I am going to bet it will do really nice on that track!

I will be running mine at a track that has a hard pack surface with loose dirt on the top. I opted to get the tall wing mount to help minimize the "pendulum" affect the wing can have on those looser conditions. Other than that, I plan to run stock and see how I like it.

Have read that if conditions are really bumpy and rutted then going with the tall rear tower and using the rear .4 shocks will help settle the car better. I may try that if I find the car doesn't settle like I want.

Same as the NB48 Tail Wing Mount?
https://blog.teknorc.com/2019/11/15/new-nb48-2-0-tall-wing-mount-now-available/

Does it make a noticeable enough difference??

Hey everyone, I finally purchased a Tekno EB48 2.0, got sick of upgrading parts on my readyset Kyosho MP9 (yes was told to get a kit at the start ) any way looking at setting up the Tekno when it arrives, i already have a Spektrum Firma 160A Brushless Smart ESC that i am planing on using and was thinking a 1900KV as seems to be what most people run, any ideas of brands that best match that (think its a Hobbywing reband) ? manly run on small tracks an open field bashig . Also is there anything i should order and upgrade straight of the bat? Look forward to building my first kit, could be interesting . Thanks in advanced Ryan

Nice looking track you have to run on - lucky!!! I have none near me! :(

Also waiting on my 48 2.0 - have you had to wait long?? Stocks are in very short supply.....

In the meantime take a look through the manual, available on the Tekno website, to familiarise yourself with the build. Also pick up some of the tools you'll need - the Tekno Shock tool at an absolute minimum!

To answer your electronics I got a hobbystar 4268 2150kv sensored motor Hobbystar digital HS-4305 servo and a hobbywing XR8SCT esc.
The Hobbywing 1900-2200kv G2 motors are nice and affordable.
My Hobbystar 2150 was $70 at RCJuice i think it was. XR8SCT was $109 from amazon. So my combo was 180 nit bad at all am very happy with the Hobbystar motor and servo. Just my 2cents

i already have these waiting to go in, hopefully this weekend, still waiting on a the SRT servo to come too.
hw xr8.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back