• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Losi SCTE Wheels rub on my SC 410.3, please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie007

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Just finished building the SCT 410.3, a really nice kit! My first Tekno kit, as I have built 10+ AE kits. I have a head scratcher though... I bought a set of Proline Beadlocks for the Losi SCTE, and J-Concepts Hazard for the SCTE. They both rub on the truck. The Prolines rub on the rear hubs, and the J-Concepts rub on the front bolt for the steering. I bought the 1654x hubs to make it wider, and used every shim I could, and they STILL RUB... I even grinded on the rear hub carriers with a dremel, and while it helped, they still rub. On the front, I changed to a button head bolt, still rub. If I remove the top washers, it doesn't rub, but I wanted to keep those in place to try the stock "bump steer" settings. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, any help is greatly appreciated.

Don't know about the hub issue, but I had the same issue on the front steering bolts. I simply replaced the socket head screws with button head screws on the front and problem solved...

I remember seeing once that pro line said that ribs needed to be grinded off wheels in order to fit the Losi SCTE. Don't know if that was the case with the SCT410. If I find where I found it I'll post a link or an update.

Thanks for the replies. I've been testing the last few weeks...😁 With the Proline beadlocks, I grinded just a few mm off of the corners of the rear hubs where it was rubbing. It still barely was rubbing, but I just went ahead and drove it anyways, and it worked itself out. It made a light scratch on the inside of the wheel but nothing that is going to hurt it. The wheels spin freely, so I am happy. As far as the JC wheels, where it was rubbing seemed to work itself out also (in conjunction with changing the bolts/hex's). I have since tried the Pro-line impulse for the SCTE, they fit great. The Pro-line 6 x 30 removable hex's fit with the Pro-line hex adapter kit 6355-00. Really nice wheels.

Recent Popular Liked

Back