• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Is this a necessary upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you will be racing, then yes I have found the new cartridge design to provide a better seal so it wasn't necessary to bleed the shocks after every run, the original design would allow too much air pressure to build up and caused inconsistent handling getting progressively worse after each successive run unless you bled the shocks every time, they were a real pain and tedious if you wanted a consistent tune.

It's really just that spacer that makes the difference. If you are running the original eb410 then yes it would be a good upgrade. Even if not racing it will remove the frustration of loosing shock oil all of the time.

They are direct replacement of existing parts, use the manual for instruction of proper assembly.

MIP released these as a fix for the first gen, then TEKNO improved the design when they released the ET410, note that the 2.0 version of the EB410 has the newer cartridge parts as well.

Call me crazy, but those spacers that go between the x-rings are necessary to encourage the seals to grab hold of the shock shafts, and do their job. Without them spacers, the x-rings are very loose fitting on the shafts...resulting in leaky shocks. The x-rings I used on my ET410 were so loose, I almost think I had gotten a bad batch.

It won't hurt to run the buggy without the TKR6708 pieces, as per the original EB410 manual (pictured on the left below).
compare.jpg

Last edited:
I also use axial shock o-rings instead of using the x-rings. They have been a nicer fit IMO. The x-rings seem to be loose around the shaft in my experience and don't compress enough to compensate.

I also use axial shock o-rings instead of using the x-rings. They have been a nicer fit IMO. The x-rings seem to be loose around the shaft in my experience and don't compress enough to compensate.
When everyone bought up the Axial o-rings last year, I searched for an alternative. I turned to HPI's 75075 Silicone S4 (3.5x2mm) O-rings and couldn't be happier. My shocks are now better than ever. (y)

It's really just that spacer that makes the difference. If you are running the original eb410 then yes it would be a good upgrade. Even if not racing it will remove the frustration of loosing shock oil all of the time.

I never lost any shock oil with the original shock cartridges, though I used green grease to pack my seals, so that may have helped. What I did experience was an increase in pack between runs, in fact so much pack building occurred that it increased my ride height which caused my car to traction roll on a high grip turf track. I started to bleed my shocks between every run to remove the excessive air that was getting trapped inside the shocks in order to maintain proper pack/height, etc...

For general bashing around, I doubt you will be running any surface with high enough grip to make much of a noticeable difference. I would just run the stock shock parts and rebuild the shocks every 20-25 battery packs, that will be good enough.

I never lost any shock oil with the original shock cartridges, though I used green grease to pack my seals, so that may have helped. What I did experience was an increase in pack between runs, in fact so much pack building occurred that it increased my ride height which caused my car to traction roll on a high grip turf track. I started to bleed my shocks between every run to remove the excessive air that was getting trapped inside the shocks in order to maintain proper pack/height, etc...

For general bashing around, I doubt you will be running any surface with high enough grip to make much of a noticeable difference. I would just run the stock shock parts and rebuild the shocks every 20-25 battery packs, that will be good enough.

To elaborate on "loosing" shock oil...it wasn't ever like the shocks emptied themselves out, but they would definitely leak. The evidence was on the arms of my buggy. Now that you mention bleeding, that would be something I did always at the track but come to think about it, not when I put the car back on the shelf, that's when I would always notice it. It was probably the built up pressure just sitting there with only one way direction to go. I haven't had the issue since switching the o-rings but I will probably start bleeding the shocks before shelfing the car.

That's a very good point, I could imagine some leakage if enough air is trapped in the shock that it might force some fluid past the seals over time, I do admit seeing some slight signs of moisture around the shafts of all my shocks to the point where dust accumulates around the collars on the bottom, but this is fairly common among all brands of shocks I have used over the years. Though I have never dumped an excessive amount of fluid which is kind of arbitrary :unsure:

Recent Popular Liked

Back