• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I want to use Exotek hubs on my EB48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datsun620

Reaction score
Exotek hubs and spindles for the eb48.4. Wanna use on my eb48.3 Need help figuring what else I need to buy?

you would need the arms and drive shafts as well I believe. The arms are different because they have captured hinge pins in the .4 and they do not on the .3. You may not need the drive shafts...I am not sure if the lengths changed.

What confuses me is the bearings for the hubs are the same for both versions but the front axles don’t sit correctly in. Any help ??

The .4 uses universals and not CVD's. To use the universals you need to get a 8x16x5 inner bearing like the existing outer hub bearing.

To use the CVD's you would need to use a 13x19x4 bearing for the inner bearing.

Last edited:
Those dimensions I mentioned will work for any bearing manufacturer. I suggest you just go on eBay or amazon and get a ten pack from someone. You should be able to get them for about $1 a bearing apposed to the tekno 4 pack for $11.99 https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkrbb13194-ball-bearings-13x19x4-4pcs/

The bearings for .3 and .4 are the same. So I’m confused why I would need to get a different size inside one when it doesn’t mention anything about having to do it. This is becoming frustrating.

Both models can use either cvd's or universals. CVD's require the smaller outer bearing and the bigger inner bearing. To use the universals you need the smaller bearings.

What kind of drive shafts are you running? If you have a .3, I assume CVD'd?

Yeah everything is stock and all I want to do is run the aluminum bits I have but there for the.4. The thing that confuses me is the bearings I have fit but the stub axle to Long. The exotek parts fit a .4 stock setup

I have never tried what you are speaking of so I can't say for certain but maybe like I said on my first response to this post you will need to get the .4 drive shafts as well?

The .4 comes with universals and different inner hub bearings than the .3, so i would assume you would need at least the larger inner bearings, and possibly the universals too...

Recent Popular Liked

Back