• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

How will this combo work for an EB410?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ESC is solid, no experience with the motor, but I've heard good things about SMC motors, you should be happy with that combo for club racing. If you're going to be bashing around on the street, I would probably go with a sensorless setup with a 4-pole motor so you don't have to worry about running a fan on the motor.

I already have a fan for my eb410 motor. Anyone else know about the motor? And what pinion with that 8.5t? Looks like about a 21T pinion with the 8.5t motor according to the chart for the EB410.

Last edited:
What about for a 2wd buggy. Will that 8.5t motor work ok? With the same HW esc?

Sure it would work .....it would be very fast. I have an 8.5t in a Rustler 2wd that spends more time with the front wheels in the air than on the ground. Like Billl mentioned. Your application makes all the difference. I run Maclan esc sensored with MMR 6.5T in my 410.2 but I strictly race it 5 to 8 min at a time. My setup on a basher could probably fry bacon on it lol.
For those SMC motors ( which I have tried ) start with 1 pinion tooth lower than recommend by Tekno. You can always go up if your temps are acceptable.
Cheers

Ok do you think a 20T pinion would be best with the 8.5t?

Get a couple different ones around the range you're looking at. They're cheap enough and you'll have some flexibility on hand. I have a 10.5T and started with 20, 22 and 24T pinions. Started with the 22 which was a bit too fast on the back staight of the track I go to. It's a bit rough and bumpy so catching air at speed and donkey kicks aren't ideal. It was plenty fast. Went down to the 20 and it's been there since.

Recent Popular Liked

Back