• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Daniel

Reaction score
I was running my xr8 sct and the car stopped and I had a rapidly blinking red. I recalibrated the ESC and the problem was solved. But when I use the throttle, I get a solid red, but the motor does not turn. Any ideas?

The manual indicates that it has hit LVC, are you using a LiPo?
Try re-charging the battery and see if the problem goes away.
If you are using NiMh, then disable the LVC.

Sounds like lvc.

Interested to see though, I have the plus and sct.

When I had LVC the power drops 50% first then 10s later cuts power completely. I never saw the blinking red lights, as I think by the time I walked over to the car the voltage at rest was enough to disable the protection. At least that's what I see.

Check your LVC, set it to auto and let it's do its thing. If on lipo. Also manually set cell count if you always use the same cell count. It can get confused.

What was the temp of the motor before it stopped? Any chance you over heated it?
What car, motor, battery and gearing are you running?

It's possible that you might have damaged the motor and it may need to be replaced. Very hard to predict what is wrong with almost no information.

It’s an Eb48sl.4. Reds 2200kv motor. Spectrum 5000 4s battery. I think it’s 16t pinion. The temp was not hot when it stopped.

Nice motor.

Do you have a sensor cable installed? Any sound from motor? Take fan off ESC to be sure if you can hear anything. Check solder joints.

Or....Are you saying it simply now just blinks red when you turn on? As that means it has no receiver input. Is receiver powered? Does steering work? Check those cables. Calibrate again. Neutral - Forward - Reverse.

Maybe reset Tx and rebind too..

Last edited:
It’s an Eb48sl.4. Reds 2200kv motor. Spectrum 5000 4s battery. I think it’s 16t pinion. The temp was not hot when it stopped.
I agree with skynet5 it almost sounds like if nothing is working and all you get is a red blinking light the ESC is not seeing the receiver or recover is not powered up

Update. After recalibrating and reseting, the blinking light is gone. Steering works. When I hit the throttle, the red light comes on like it should. But nothing happens. I tried a different sensor cable, that did not change anything.

it doesn’t seem like it could be the transmitter or radio since I am getting the red light.

Update. After recalibrating and reseting, the blinking light is gone. Steering works. When I hit the throttle, the red light comes on like it should. But nothing happens. I tried a different sensor cable, that did not change anything.

it doesn’t seem like it could be the transmitter or radio since I am getting the red light.
Does it sound like the motor is getting power?

Remove sensor cable and turn on and see if it works.

I'd be then tempted to redo solder joints.

Sounds like lvc.

Interested to see though, I have the plus and sct.

When I had LVC the power drops 50% first then 10s later cuts power completely. I never saw the blinking red lights, as I think by the time I walked over to the car the voltage at rest was enough to disable the protection. At least that's what I see.

Check your LVC, set it to auto and let it's do its thing. If on lipo. Also manually set cell count if you always use the same cell count. It can get confused.
How did you fix your problem that’s what mine does . Did you switch the lvc?

How did you fix your problem that’s what mine does . Did you switch the lvc?

Yes mate. Went into HW app and just set to auto.

You don't want to disable it. I had mine set to a voltage accidentally, 15.2v? I think auto goes to 3.1/3.2 x the number of cells. A bit on the border, but for long finals needed.

From the instructions you seem to be able to set a customized cutoff voltage. I never felt the need to do that myself, keep it in auto.

https://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/XeRunXR8Plus.pdf

Yeah auto is the default. I got caught out by accidentally setting it with my fat fingers. I thought what it was set to was default as I don't remember setting it. Took a while to see the auto option. Then checked the manual.

Auto is fine in my experience too.

I was running my xr8 sct and the car stopped and I had a rapidly blinking red. I recalibrated the ESC and the problem was solved. But when I use the throttle, I get a solid red, but the motor does not turn. Any ideas?
i ran into same problem as u recently..solid red after few run...i tried to calibrate but cant be done as nothing happen...tried to connect to HW OTA...it says not connected ...

Don’t know if you solved it but…. Just ran my rig with this esc and once it had hit the low vol cutoff it was…….. solid red. Charge the battery, rinse, repeat.

Recent Popular Liked

Back