• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Hobbywing xr8sct help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtannerbadger

Reaction score
Hey guys . I have a sct 410.3 and I was running it the other day and all of a sudden it started acting up I have an older hobby wing esc in it at the moment and a tenshock 4000kv motor with hitec servo . Basically what’s happening is I can run for a minute or 2 and it slows down to half speed then stops all together I can steer . Then 10 seconds later it works fine again there is a blinking red light but it’s not overheating and it’s not lvc please help I’m all out of ideas I’ve thrown a different hobbywing esc and a different motor it’s a castle and different rx/tx and it’s still doing it . It didn’t start acting up till I was messing around with settings one day on the control box I’m not sure what to do

I know you have said it isn't. But are you sure it isn't LVC?

That behaviour is exactly what HW ESC do as LVC is approached when it is set to a specific voltage. On auto it tends to just cut out permanently.

If it was working fine before you started jacking with settings, then reset the ESC back to factory default, recalibrate and try again with the stock settings. Only make 1 change to the settings at a time, test and then you'll figure out what you did that is causing it to jack up.

I suspect you have the LVC jacked up, though if you're the same guy who also posted a pic on FB earlier with the 20T pinion, then I think that's your problem right there, I would gear down to a 17T pinion and re-test.

It could be a weared out battery with a very high IR. It will very quickly trigger LVC under load and then show a decent voltage on the charger.

Do an Internal Resistance reading of all cells, anywhere above 20 mOhm and the pack needs to get retired.

another possibility is the motor was cooked previously and is damaged, which I suspect may have happened because it was over geared.

Recent Popular Liked

Back