• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 GabeReal RC | Intro - Bashing Wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeReal RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hey guys GabeReal RC here new to the forum. I judt recently purchased and built a new ET48.3 and wondering what wheels people have used.

I tried on a set of backflip LP tires but the hex was too thin and the rim squished against the carrier and couldnt move.

I imagine i can grab the 2mm offset hexes if i NEED to.

Thanks for any input

I use AKA tires for racing. For bashing, I’ve seen people online using ARRMA dBoots Backflip MT 6S. According to many YouTube videos they fit just fine. I’m not sure how those tires differ from the LPs. You could try calling ARRMA’s support number to double check any differences.

I tried on a set of backflip LP tires but the hex was too thin and the rim squished against the carrier and couldnt move.

I imagine i can grab the 2mm offset hexes if i NEED to.

Thanks for any input
I think the 2mm hexes would solve your issue. I have the backflip lps on my mt410, which comes with the +2mm hubs, and they fit fine.

Get the +2mm offset hexes and you are covered. The Backflips lp are great. Badlands 3.8 should be good too but balloon more. All other are to large and heavy IMO, they hurt handling.
I got em on order now went to my lhs yesterday for them but not in stock. End of the week. And thanks for that tip i have BF and BF LP's but not badlands and have always been curious. And yes totally agree i think even 6s BF wheels are a bit much

I think the 2mm hexes would solve your issue. I have the backflip lps on my mt410, which comes with the +2mm hubs, and they fit fine.
I believe so as well, got em on order yesterday. Thanks boss!

I use AKA tires for racing. For bashing, I’ve seen people online using ARRMA dBoots Backflip MT 6S. According to many YouTube videos they fit just fine. I’m not sure how those tires differ from the LPs. You could try calling ARRMA’s support number to double check any differences.
They share the same rims, just different sized tires between backflip and LP. I ended up ordering 2mms they should be here in a couple days

Yep, I run the 2mm with BF’s on my ET without issue. However, I do plan to swap for LP’s at some point because of heat.
Nice. And you'll notice more stable control in the air. backflips are a bit touchy due to how big they are.

Not running the Tekno atm, due to winter. :(

But here is a video of my Arrma Kraton 6s on Backflip LP's.

Kraton is same wheelbase at ET48

Here's another video of the BackFlip LP's on my Arrma Outcast 6s!

Outcast has same wheelbase / width as MT410

DEFINITELY recommend Backflip LP's over reg Backflips for SWB builds.

Here's another video of the BackFlip LP's on my Arrma Outcast 6s!

Outcast has same wheelbase / width as MT410

DEFINITELY recommend Backflip LP's over reg Backflips for SWB builds.

Nice! Ive been contemplating either doing this same thing with an MT410...just slapping a buggy body on it or buying an EB48 or buying a Typhon. I can’t make up my mind man. I just sold my Kraton because I already have an ET so I’m wanting to do something different. Kinda sad to see go though TBH.

Nice! Ive been contemplating either doing this same thing with an MT410...just slapping a buggy body on it or buying an EB48 or buying a Typhon. I can’t make up my mind man. I just sold my Kraton because I already have an ET so I’m wanting to do something different. Kinda sad to see go though TBH.
mt410 with an eb48 body would be sweet. i wanted the MT stance on buggy body. Buying the eb48 or typhon is also another option yes, but your in full buggy form. Which isnt a bad thing either. I converted my outcast into a typhon actually, now i have a outcast build going, about 70% done.

Recent Popular Liked

Back