• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Front Gearbox Housing - shearing bolts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbowers

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
This one didn't even see the big jumps yet. I guess it must have just hit perfectly. Anything I can do to beef that part up? It's got the mega center brace on it.

I would rather another piece break (that's easier to get to) haha. I'm open to suggestions! Also found I broke my arm where the pin goes through. Probably as a result of the tower separating from the diff case when the bolts sheared.

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_165058.jpg
    IMG_20191012_165058.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20191012_162209.jpg
    IMG_20191012_162209.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
That's unusual. I've crashed mine hundreds of times, one of these front bolt is held with epoxy and no issues.

On one of my Arrma's I used longer bolts, a washer and nut on the other side to make sure they don't come out, could help with shearing, bolts under tension are not subject to shearing forces.

Yeah I think what happened was the top two screes were not thread locked by the guy who built it. I didn't check it and I think it loosened up. Lesson learned. I like the idea of adding a longer bolt with a nut.

It's the only thing I have had break on my tekno mt410.

Yeah I think what happened was the top two screes were not thread locked by the guy who built it. I didn't check it and I think it loosened up. Lesson learned. I like the idea of adding a longer bolt with a nut.

May I ask what body you are running? I hadn't had any problems with my MT410 and then I went to the Russian unbreakable body and I broke these same bolts. I was thinking that the body is transferring all of the flexing forces into the front shock tower and shearing these bolts off. I was going to try slotting the rear holes in my body.

Yes, I was using an rcmaniacs body. When I sheared my other one I was using a Proline c10 body. However that time it was a very rough crash (I deserved more, haha).

Recent Popular Liked

Back