• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 Bashing Wheel/Tyre Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is Tamiya Corsa Grey PS-32

I wasnt expecting a grey! what a fantastic colour! Might have to rethink my marling with white, and marble with a darker blue.

Cheers!

I realized sometime last week this was about the ET48, which is not what I run. I have the eb48.3 that turned into a DB48.3. So you guys probably run 3.8" tires while I run 2.8". Its different geometry so while my 2.8's prevent front chassis slap but not rear on a buggy... the truggy would be different since it has long arms right? Im not even sure if the truggy has longer shocks. According to the build manual, an EB48.3 and MT410 use the same shocks.
Just thought I would add this in so my non-relevant info basically gets ignored.

I realized sometime last week this was about the ET48, which is not what I run. I have the eb48.3 that turned into a DB48.3. So you guys probably run 3.8" tires while I run 2.8". Its different geometry so while my 2.8's prevent front chassis slap but not rear on a buggy... the truggy would be different since it has long arms right? Im not even sure if the truggy has longer shocks. According to the build manual, an EB48.3 and MT410 use the same shocks.
Just thought I would add this in so my non-relevant info basically gets ignored.
This is correct! 😆

so I failed to put my 6s backflips on but I put my Fireteam tires on which are 3mm smaller diameter. The front shocks bottom out before the chassis slaps, the rear does slap. Truck is setup 100% by the book so you may be able to adjust the front shock placement to allow for chassis slap.

View attachment 8379
Now that is one crazy look 🤪

I use mine as a basher. I run either the Arrma Bakflip LP tires or Duratrax X-Cons. But I did just pick up a set of long wear AKA Evo Impact tires. I do find the truck bashes the best with truggy spec tires because it just handles way better in the air etc. for me anyways
C1905497-E62D-459F-89C1-B41477BA3ED1.jpeg
4A2BD5E4-BD40-4DAE-BC5F-DFD367969D98.jpeg

Last edited:
I also need some help picken the correct tires. Today I put the Backflip LP 4S on thr ET48 2.0. With them the shocks are fully compressed when the chassis hit the ground. Now I am thinking about Badlands or Trancher which should be a bit smaller.

I also need some help picken the correct tires. Today I put the Backflip LP 4S on thr ET48 2.0. With them the shocks are fully compressed when the chassis hit the ground. Now I am thinking about Badlands or Trancher which should be a bit smaller.
You are ok with LP tires. But sounds like either of those choices will be good as well especially if they are a bit smaller. I like those badlands but the trenchers are interesting too

I'm convoncing myself based on everyones feedback to go with a set of Duratrax truggy's, and maybe the 4LPs, but knowing the 4LPs come with a risk.

@KitsAreFun theres good info in this thread about trenchers - I initially considerd them but have discounted as best suited for hard surfaces, and dont peform well on grass etc.

@Megafandrew like your paint style too - splattering of a lightert blue, then backed with a darker blue?

Cheers!

Recent Popular Liked

Back