• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET410 - Setup for bumpy high grip track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from Germany, so sorry for my bad englisch.

Im locking for a good setup for my bumpy high grip home track.

My ET410.2 is box stock, but i changed the springs to pink (F/R) and the oil to 350/300 cst (F/R)

Please see the Video below: The "infield" middle part of the track is so bumpy and my rig is bouncing. Any idea or advice?

Thanks a lot

Stealth

I see what you mean, it looks worse in the rear?

I would have suggested lighter springs and oil, which you've already done. You could try pistons with slightly larger holes.

What is your ride height? Maybe reduce it.

Have you tried to reduce your sway bar tension? I know this effects steering more than ride, but if one side is bouncing it will effect the other.

At one point it looked like the rear hit the jump and pitched you forward, so the other thought might be your setup is too soft and the chassis is bottoming out bumping you up off the ground. If you have gone softer because this was happening with the stock setup then it is unlikely the reason.

To me it actually looks too soft on oil. The rear is moving a lot and overall the truck looks a little aggressive.

Ive tried a few things on the ET410.2 to make it handle rough bumps better. Changing different settings found in the building manual has helped understand the car and make it handle better. I had problems of it flipping and not staying composed over rough bumps. These are some of the things I have tried that settled down the truck a bit and handle better:

- Rear shocks: move top mount to outer position on shock tower. This stands the shock more upright.

- 40 weight oil in shocks

- Move a few rear A-arm plastic washers from the back to the front of the rear A-arm to extend the wheelbase

- Swaybars - Ive tried with and without and I prefer driving with no sway bars at all. But I am gonna try only a lighter weight front sway bar soon

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back