• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48.3 noise levels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceBash

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
I have had my 48.3 for a while now and always thought it was a bit loud when the throttle is pulled past ~1/2. I recently added an EB410 to my collection and it seems barely louder then my old RC10 with a rebuilt Stealth trans.

I had previously blamed the drive shafts for most of this noise and the fact that it has a steel spur for the rest. The 410 has the stock spur. So, can the steel spur make that much difference? Is the 48 always that much louder than the EB410? I know that loud questions are difficult to answer without hearing it in person but noise level comparisons between the 1/10 and 1/8 teknos may help.

steel spurs are the worst, they tend to chew up the teeth on the pinion gear way too fast making it very impractical to use... cost to replace plastic spur is far less than cost to replace pinions plus the wear on the pinion with a metal spur is faster than the wear on a plastic spur.

Well, I had considered swapping to the stock spur. I was on the fence after realizing that it didn't simply attach to the diff with a few screws. But it looks like my opinion of the steel spur are being confirmed. Luckily they are really cheap.

Unfortunately, the old servo that I found and tried to use in my EB410 was clearly NOT up to the task. 3 laps and its stirpped internally. But its been sitting around waiting for a job for a long time so,, no big loss. But the spur change will have to wait.

Recent Popular Liked

Back