• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 EB 2.0 road menace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilT

Reaction score
So why buy a road basher when you can take an off road competition buggy and make your own 🧐😂

Well because I can….

So EB48 2.0 arrives this week and I plan to make it a road racing menace

I’ve done similar builds with an Arrma Typhon so have a good ideal on a game plan.

Most of the kit will remain intact, current points of contemplation

1) May use the Truggy chassis to increase the wheelbase which will make it a little more stable but mainly for room under the body as I’d ideally like to run 6S

This type of stretched look
78FB3870-86A9-441A-AED1-96AB78EC87E8.jpeg
1C768A05-84FF-410D-BE69-25016BBCCD93.jpeg

2) Wheel/Tyre choice? Well I have 1/5 18mm square hub adapters so I could run some big ar$e 1/5 GRP’s which used to be popular but now we have more 1/8 offerings from GRP, Arrma Hoons and now Proline are releasing some road wheels along the same lines

This is the 1/5 GRP look
AF51DD2F-219E-4F80-9F9C-714D4191BA3F.jpeg

Or go with the more standard 1/8’s so like this
A3C35349-1109-4EC7-9988-AA19ED651837.jpeg

3) Suspension wise I think I’ll stick with the stock Tekno’s as I do like them, I’ve got Serpent lower shock mount extenders and I’ll get some custom made lower shock towers, still may need shock limiters but I’ll see better once I get it together

4) diffs I’ll stick with oil filled diffs so there is that little bit of give and suspect it will be along the lines of
Front 500k - 1mil
Centre 1mil - 2mil
Rear 30k - 60k

5) Power plant…. I have a spare RX8 and 2000kv Truggy motor so I’ll start with that on 4S and push it up to 6S while monitoring temps just to see how it goes.
This will be the turning point as going something like a MMX8S and 1520 with a 6S Lipo will start adding considerable weight push I’d have no option but a truggy chassis.

One chassis option I want to explore is could I run the M2C basher chassis either buggy or truggy and remove the braces to give more room while relying on the extra thickness to make up for the loss of the braces

I’ve always liked running a buggy on the road, bit more forgiving with terrain plus all the mods will be reversible and as I’ll be racing my ET I have some parts surplus.

So why buy a road basher when you can take an off road competition buggy and make your own 🧐😂

Well because I can….

So EB48 2.0 arrives this week and I plan to make it a road racing menace

I’ve done similar builds with an Arrma Typhon so have a good ideal on a game plan.

Most of the kit will remain intact, current points of contemplation

1) May use the Truggy chassis to increase the wheelbase which will make it a little more stable but mainly for room under the body as I’d ideally like to run 6S

This type of stretched look
View attachment 7492View attachment 7493

2) Wheel/Tyre choice? Well I have 1/5 18mm square hub adapters so I could run some big ar$e 1/5 GRP’s which used to be popular but now we have more 1/8 offerings from GRP, Arrma Hoons and now Proline are releasing some road wheels along the same lines

This is the 1/5 GRP look
View attachment 7490

Or go with the more standard 1/8’s so like this
View attachment 7491

3) Suspension wise I think I’ll stick with the stock Tekno’s as I do like them, I’ve got Serpent lower shock mount extenders and I’ll get some custom made lower shock towers, still may need shock limiters but I’ll see better once I get it together

4) diffs I’ll stick with oil filled diffs so there is that little bit of give and suspect it will be along the lines of
Front 500k - 1mil
Centre 1mil - 2mil
Rear 30k - 60k

5) Power plant…. I have a spare RX8 and 2000kv Truggy motor so I’ll start with that on 4S and push it up to 6S while monitoring temps just to see how it goes.
This will be the turning point as going something like a MMX8S and 1520 with a 6S Lipo will start adding considerable weight push I’d have no option but a truggy chassis.

One chassis option I want to explore is could I run the M2C basher chassis either buggy or truggy and remove the braces to give more room while relying on the extra thickness to make up for the loss of the braces
Those pics are sick man

they most definitely make me want to build a concrete killing rig like that

Any updates Buddy?
Well buggy and all the options have arrived, I’ve just finished and given my ET a shake down!

Just picked up 3 XB2’s to build and my mates Lasernut to fix so I’ve got a few to sort prior but all the bits are in and I’ve got a CF fabricator mocking me so low profile shock towers and Serpent lower shock mounts work and extend the shocks mount point so I can continue running stock shocks with the LP towers

Motor wise I’ve got another RX8 and 2000kv Tekin I’ll run on 6S for now but I do have a stock ET chassis if I need to extend the wheelbase to fit a larger motor and ESC, thinking MMX8S and 1520 motor

The body is going off this week to get painted

I recon a couple of weeks though sadly

Well buggy and all the options have arrived, I’ve just finished and given my ET a shake down!

Just picked up 3 XB2’s to build and my mates Lasernut to fix so I’ve got a few to sort prior but all the bits are in and I’ve got a CF fabricator mocking me so low profile shock towers and Serpent lower shock mounts work and extend the shocks mount point so I can continue running stock shocks with the LP towers

Motor wise I’ve got another RX8 and 2000kv Tekin I’ll run on 6S for now but I do have a stock ET chassis if I need to extend the wheelbase to fit a larger motor and ESC, thinking MMX8S and 1520 motor

The body is going off this week to get painted

I recon a couple of weeks though sadly
Wow sounds like this is going to be pretty special mate! Can't Wait!

Evil t. I just finished building a road basher with an eb48.3. Things an absolute blast. Handles great, Drifts amazingl I'm running an 1800kv w/rx8 3 and a 18t pin on 4s. I’m not a speed guy so am happy with 4s! Thnx for sharing…👍

So you end up making an "Infraction" ?
Does it handle the same ? easy to drift ?
Thanks !

So you end up making an "Infraction" ?
Does it handle the same ? easy to drift ?
Thanks !
Well yes and no!

I’ve built buggy’s like this way before the Infraction came on the scene but in essence yes it will get used like someone would an infraction.

It’s no where near completed yet! Obviously it’s not designed as a road car so they’ll be some tuning challenges but once set up I expect it to be as good if not better as it will be easier to maintain and adjust as needed.

All the parts are no in but I’ve been busy with my ET48 so tonight was the first time I had to sit down and go over the build!

I’m going to build it stock wheelbase at first with the RX8 and 2000kv motor on 4S, I’ll build up to 6S

Happy with how I can lay the shocks down and have an idea on the LCG shock towers I need made.

With the time left I built all three diffs, I’ve gone metal spur for obvious reasons and heavy on the oils
500k front > 2mil centre > 20k rear

Found some Boca ceramics I had kicking around so I’m doing the drive line ceramics and the hubs standard

Sorry for the delay I had to built three 1/10 2WD buggies first.

So I’ve built the rear end and at the point I need to decide if I’m sticking with stock length or fitting the Truggy chassis.

Attachments

• DDC9093D-760C-4A5E-8CDA-00307B66B2DC.jpeg
    DDC9093D-760C-4A5E-8CDA-00307B66B2DC.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 184
  • ADA631D2-C139-4756-A96D-0EE17BC7AD4E.jpeg
    ADA631D2-C139-4756-A96D-0EE17BC7AD4E.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 190
@EvilT what part number did you use for the serpent lower shock extenders?

@EvilT Looking good!

I also just realized we are discussing the same build in the Facebook Group! LOL

Wasn’t sold on the fan guards, the quality is great on them so will use on another build but feel this style suits better
BA95B2CD-9CB2-47BF-91C2-F49A88939F7D.jpeg

First run today on 4S, this is going to be mental on 6S 😈
C8629B6C-5BE8-4CFC-89EC-7447BDC8F35D.jpeg
C6911A5B-4292-4474-9D25-1BF4B3E36242.jpeg
E54D10E5-E822-439A-B0FB-E51C0210F31D.jpeg
3BAF9971-D7E3-4785-B423-D8AF9AE4A89C.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back