• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Differential cases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadon78

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
I come to those who have done his before as this is my first time building this amazing machine. I am just starting to finally build it. I bought the m2c racing dif cases and the center is fine and the rear is fine, however when I built the front dif and screwed it together it’s locked up tight. I then took the shins out thinking maybe it was those, no change. I’m using the stock 10k oil. I figured maybe I did something wrong. I then took it all apart and built it in the case that came in the kit. It’s buttery smooth. I mean perfect smoothness.

I have emailed Mitch and just waiting on a response. I’m wondering if maybe it was just a bad one with incorrect clearances or I’m just crazy LOL!

What do you guys think? I don’t mind only running the center and rear in the m2c cases if I have to, or I could just put it all in the kit cases and be done with it.

seen this happen with another racer at the track... you want to measure the diff cases, he had an aftermarket diff case which was not compatible with the OEM parts... needed to buy all aftermarket parts which couldn't be mix matched. Chances are your aftermarket diff case is too shallow.

It's also possible that the diff cases may not all be the same and you mix/matched the center/rear that was supposed to go on the front, etc...

Have you tried assembling without oil? Bill is probably right you may have received one that was machined wrong, or one from another vehicle.

I come to those who have done his before as this is my first time building this amazing machine. I am just starting to finally build it. I bought the m2c racing dif cases and the center is fine and the rear is fine, however when I built the front dif and screwed it together it’s locked up tight. I then took the shins out thinking maybe it was those, no change. I’m using the stock 10k oil. I figured maybe I did something wrong. I then took it all apart and built it in the case that came in the kit. It’s buttery smooth. I mean perfect smoothness.

I have emailed Mitch and just waiting on a response. I’m wondering if maybe it was just a bad one with incorrect clearances or I’m just crazy LOL!

What do you guys think? I don’t mind only running the center and rear in the m2c cases if I have to, or I could just put it all in the kit cases and be done with it.

where did you purchase the diff cases from? the center diff case is out of stock on m2c site, its possible you ordered the Nitro one, they are not the same as electric.

Nitro center diff part #m2c6902

I purchased the last center one from there. They have been sitting on my bench for a little bit. The center one is perfect. I also bought 2 of the front/rear ones at the same time. The one I used for the rear is perfect. The front one is the issue. Just a coincidence really it could have just as easily been the rear one. I’ve been going over the instructions perfectly. So much so I have read them at least 3 times cover to cover and made notes in them before I even touched the first bag.

I redid the front on in the kit case from the bag, and it’s perfect. Now I’m not sure if I should ask do the rear that way and just leave the center in the m2c or if it will really matter.

For bashing it won’t matter, run what you have. The center diff benefits the most from the large case.

Yeah I had a feeling it was only the center that really benefited the most. I just left the front one with the kit diff, and the other 2 with the m2c diffs. The build is almost done now and so far everything seems good. I’m still waiting for a reply from m2c.

Recent Popular Liked

Back