• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL Carbon Fiber Steering Top Plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bburt

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
I just built my SCT410sl. Had fun building it. I may add the carbon fiber steering top plate. However, because it is flat, I don't thing it will allow the servo horn to turn to the right fully. Does anyone have an answer for this?
TKR6598Cs.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I see now that it's curved on the left side to allow for the server horn to move. Answered my own question. Nice!

I just built my SCT410sl. Had fun building it. I may add the carbon fiber steering top plate. However, because it is flat, I don't thing it will allow the servo horn to turn to the right fully. Does anyone have an answer for this?
View attachment 9327
Did you decide on the steering plate over the kit parts for a reason? (servo choice/servo setup pref.) Was there suggested Optional Servo horns?
My RC experience has been 4WD Buggy since the Vintage days. And most of those now are indoor carpet/turf. I also have the SLT410SL and went ahead a bought the Chassis Options. Brand new to Tekno and Short Course. One comment/concern I have is wondering if my local track who have 1/8 Buggy Electric and Gas. Sadly their 1/10 Electric 2WD/4WD Buggy are limited to 4 races on the schedule. Short Course 4X4 is their most popular category. I see a lot of SC truck that look 1/8 based.

Has anyone been privy to any class restrictions because it is built of the 1/10 Electric, away from larger chassis from SCT410.3

PLEASE everyone bear with me. I have returned to the hobby excited about all the new 1/10 4WD Buggy
advancements and new electronics...programmable Servos to ESCs) and all little daunted by the learning curve ... figuring out SC tires for my SCT410SL was quite a lesson. But this Forum has helped greatly

OH, bbrt what SC Body do you have in your ICON/profile. Sweet ride.

Cary W (Toronto)

4WD SC
SCT410SL

2WD Buddy
Tamiya Wild One Modified

4WD Buggy
RC10B74.2D

I must admit I got the steering top plate mostly for aesthetics. I also got the the center diff plate/fan mount to set up my fan, so the steering top plate was really a throw in since they just seemed to go together in IMO. I just bought a Savox titanium gear servo and got the Tekno 25t aluminum servo horn. The body I have is the Pro-line Axis.

What chassis options did you buy for you SCT410sl?

I must admit I got the steering top plate mostly for aesthetics. I also got the the center diff plate/fan mount to set up my fan, so the steering top plate was really a throw in since they just seemed to go together in IMO. I just bought a Savox titanium gear servo and got the Tekno 25t aluminum servo horn. The body I have is the Pro-line Axis.

What chassis options did you buy for you SCT410sl?
I bought all CHASSIS options except the Ackerman plate. Also invested in some TEKNO tools for the kit build...which should begin next week. Waiting on these options shipping soon from Teckno store. But have a box of wheel builds to keep me busy til the parts arrive

Actually I am due to pick the kit itself up in about 30 hours from now. A big build week ahead.

Thanks BBrt for getting back

Curious what SC tires you've considered. I need something for dry packed outdoor dirt track and loose damp dirt in Night Racing.

OK. Stay in touch and lmk if had any other inquiries.

DakarKnight

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422-074322.png
    Screenshot_20230422-074322.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20230422-074301 (1).png
    Screenshot_20230422-074301 (1).png
    128.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20230422-081022~2.png
    Screenshot_20230422-081022~2.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 69
I run on a clay track so I run these AKA Chain Links. They do well for me. I may try the Pro-line Positrons one day, but for now I'm content.

I hope the build is going well.

Attachments

• tires.jpeg
    tires.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55
  • wheels.jpeg
    wheels.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back