• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Carbon fiber reinforced CVD’s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tekno_craze

Reaction score
Hello guys. I was wondering, for those who have good experience with carbon fiber, would it be possible to wrap the center sections of the cvd’s and have it work as a reinforcing sheet around the steel? I bash my et410 super hard and the cvd’s bend pretty easily. 100% understand the CVD’s are meant to take the abuse I put em through, so not faulting anyone but myself 😂

You could but then you would want to try to balance them otherwise you will be fighting blowing up the bearings in the hubs and differentials.

You could but then you would want to try to balance them otherwise you will be fighting blowing up the bearings in the hubs and differentials.
I was think of wrapping it it and then throwing it on my mini lathe and using a dial caliper to check for evenness. Pretty ghetto way to do it, but might be cool. Never worked with carbon fiber so I’m not to sure if it would work as reinforcement or even be worth trying. Go quality carbon/Kevlar sheets are dumb expensive.

I would get a carbon filament wound tube of the proper size. Cut the drive shaft in half. Insert into tube with coated with epoxy or CA or somethin. Fiberglass tube may even work better

In sure if your lathe runout is decent you could chuck up the shafts in 2 or 3 spots and get them very close. Imho carbon/kevlar/fiberglass composite is a pain to work with. I have done a few non rc projects with composites and resin and while it always sounds fun in the intitial stages it always seems to be more work and a bigger headache than originally planned. It may be easier to figure out why they are bending and address that instead. Are they bending because the axles are bottoming out and are put into a bind position? Is there a suitable axle from something else that with minor modifications fit similar to the Arrma axle swap that guys were doing on the MT410/ET48.3 trucks?

In sure if your lathe runout is decent you could chuck up the shafts in 2 or 3 spots and get them very close. Imho carbon/kevlar/fiberglass composite is a pain to work with. I have done a few non rc projects with composites and resin and while it always sounds fun in the intitial stages it always seems to be more work and a bigger headache than originally planned. It may be easier to figure out why they are bending and address that instead. Are they bending because the axles are bottoming out and are put into a bind position? Is there a suitable axle from something else that with minor modifications fit similar to the Arrma axle swap that guys were doing on the MT410/ET48.3 trucks?
I was looking for a suitable axle to swap it with, but I’m not sure which would be some good options. I was eyeballing the X-ray shafts from the new xt4. I’m positive they’re bending from the flex in the arms and the toe links, I’m sending this thing pretty nasty.

Tekno_craze, you think your CV bones are bottoming out in the drive cups during some harsh arm flexing landings?

Man, you must be sending it super hard. My ET410 only sees 5' maximum drops/flat landings with occasional miscalculated correction oops landing/tumbles. The softer dirt track/grass probably saves me from some misfortune, but the Tekno mini truggy is by far one of my cheapest RCs to maintain.

The ET410 made me appreciate Tekno RC and the toughness built into their designs/platforms. Yeah, everything, and every RC platform has their pros/cons. But, it was the mini truggy surviving my track bashing that lead me to the EB48 2.0. I'm positive I'll be picking up other Tekno platforms in the very near future.

Thank you Tekno RC!! 💪 :cool:

I was looking for a suitable axle to swap it with, but I’m not sure which would be some good options. I was eyeballing the X-ray shafts from the new xt4. I’m positive they’re bending from the flex in the arms and the toe links, I’m sending this thing pretty nasty.
Are you snapping/bending anything else?

Just the cv axles bro, I’m positive it’s from over flexing of the arms. I’ve tried limiting the shocks, but I think the arms flex too much. I’m probably sending this thing 30-40ft numerous times a week hahaha

Have you at least moved the arm's inner hinge pins to the outermost position using the pills? That would at least give the axles another mm to work with. Right?
Good idea! Gonna give it a shot this weekend!

Recent Popular Liked

Back