• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Can't seal a diff to save my life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve had this problem with my tekno diffs. How I think I’ve remedied the problem was less fluid, even tightened and not over tightening. I have an arrma 6s that that was a problem on and didn’t have anymore diff gaskets and wanted to run. So, I used some silicon gasket maker and haven’t had the problem yet. Now I don’t use gaskets on my arrma. When I run out of gaskets for the teknos I will do the same. BTW, I mostly bash so I’m not getting into my diffs multiple times a week. Or however Many times racers take apart their diffs.
I've found on several EXB diffs from Arrma where the diff gasket had been "ingested" by the LSD star/friction plates?.. only thing I can come up with. I never had the diff apart, bought it new, but no gasket evident? Then, after removing all the internal gears..there it is!! All chewed to a pulp by the gears!?🤔😠🤣🤣
@Hector_Fisher any more on the Tekno diffs?

• Wow
Reactions: VRC
I've found on several EXB diffs from Arrma where the diff gasket had been "ingested" by the LSD star/friction plates?.. only thing I can come up with. I never had the diff apart, bought it new, but no gasket evident? Then, after removing all the internal gears..there it is!! All chewed to a pulp by the gears!?🤔😠🤣🤣
What do you mean chewed to a pulp? Literall? Wait what? They definitely aren’t tekno gears. I don’t overpower the arrma cause well you know! 😁

Must have missed this notification! Center diff seems to have sealed okay. Nothing leaking as of yet, and I've ran her through at least 2 or 3 packs.
20230226_165811.jpg

Either the 500k oil or filling it less, not sure which one. But that seemed to have solved the issue with the center on the mt410. Put a few dabs of 500k in my SCT center diff as well (i like my center diffs stiff!). It hadn't all leaked out, but it was certainly low.

What do you mean chewed to a pulp? Literall? Wait what? They definitely aren’t tekno gears. I don’t overpower the arrma cause well you know! 😁
I mean the LSD diffs on my Arrma EXB'S. When I took my k6 diffs apart, front and rear, there was no gasket..not stuck in the ring gear either? Weird..then, after pulling the spider gears, there's the gasket! All chewed to bits inside the diff. I have no idea how or why.
This explains why I had so much difficulty shimming out my Mojave exb diffs..seemed like no matter what I did, it was either too tight or loose after tightening everything down.. I honestly just figured the gasket was stuck to the ring gear and never gave it much thought since it happens with most gear diffs in my experience.
Now I'm thinking the gasket is missing, which gave me issues getting it shimmed. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: VRC
I have the same problem, but without using my MT410 xD I build it 6 month ago, and put it on a shelf, and yesterday i want to add some skidplate, and i see that my center diff loose almost all the oil. When i open the diff, all screws are tight, and all is good.
I can't see if it's the same for the front and rear, i hope no.
What's the problem with this ? need to use two gaskets for one diff ?

Most of the time it is the orings. The orange orings are a little loose (by design) to allow for a freer diff. Once they've been run for a while they swell a bit and seal better, but still not overly tight. We have another set of diff orings that are larger and seal better, TKR5144B. They are tighter and will make the diff feel a little thicker.

Sounds like I better dust my Teknos off and take em for a rip. They've been sitting on a shelf since winter started. I run almost everything year round, except my Tekno's and Xray..too near and dear to subject them to the snow!!

Most of the time it is the orings. The orange orings are a little loose (by design) to allow for a freer diff. Once they've been run for a while they swell a bit and seal better, but still not overly tight. We have another set of diff orings that are larger and seal better, TKR5144B. They are tighter and will make the diff feel a little thicker.
Perhaps this is what I was experiencing then. If rebuilding a diff in the future with new soft goods, could I "soak" the oring in silicone oil for a week or so to help encourage pre-emptive swelling? Or is that induced by another way? (ie heat from diff action or friction etc)

Perhaps this is what I was experiencing then. If rebuilding a diff in the future with new soft goods, could I "soak" the oring in silicone oil for a week or so to help encourage pre-emptive swelling? Or is that induced by another way? (ie heat from diff action or friction etc)
You could do that, I know some guys that race 10th scale Losi's and they would do that for their shock seals. But for me, I just prefer the new orings we made. They seal well right out of the package, and being tighter, they provide a higher "breakaway point" - the point at which the diff starts to unload.

Recent Popular Liked

Back