• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Body for my MT410..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

So here I am, I'm Tiny Rick..!!!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I painted this recently for an Arrma project I've just completed, but was thinking of doing another one for my MT but in a different set of colors ??

It's a JConcepts #0332 Chevy Silverado '88 SWB, I would try a #0339 LWB for the MT though I think..?

This one uses Tamiya PS-42 Translucent Yellow, backed with PS-41 Bright silver, PS-5 Black
It's hard to see in the photos but it really pops in the sun with a sort of flippy look ?

Tell me what you think..!!

IMG_5499 2.jpeg
IMG_5506.jpeg

I ordered the Pro Line 3227-00 1972 Chevy C10 long bed. Not sure what paint colors yet. I haven't painted a body in over 20 years. ?
Any tips on doing a simple paint job on it?

Last edited:
It's all in the prep work, make sure you wash your body with warm soapy water then rinse,
after that dry it with a lint free cloth.

Next step, apply window masks etc then start to lay down paint.
Start first with a light mist coat, apply the paint from 10-12" away. After that's dry follow up with the next coat, again lightly mist the paint you don't want to see stripes..!!
When that has dried repeat again until the paint has a nice even color to it, depending on the color you chose you may want to back your first color to finish it off.

I normally put around 3-4 coats of my base color before any backing..???
If you paint fluorescent colors I would always back them with white, metallic's I back with silver or gold and finally transparent colors I back the same as metallic's.
Lastly I back my metallic's or transparent color with a final black backing as that will make the top coat really pop giving it depth..
Hope that helps..??

It's all in the prep work, make sure you wash your body with warm soapy water then rinse,
after that dry it with a lint free cloth.

Next step, apply window masks etc then start to lay down paint.
Start first with a light mist coat, apply the paint from 10-12" away. After that's dry follow up with the next coat, again lightly mist the paint you don't want to see stripes..!!
When that has dried repeat again until the paint has a nice even color to it, depending on the color you chose you may want to back your first color to finish it off.

I normally put around 3-4 coats of my base color before any backing..???
If you paint fluorescent colors I would always back them with white, metallic's I back with silver or gold and finally transparent colors I back the same as metallic's.
Lastly I back my metallic's or transparent color with a final black backing as that will make the top coat really pop giving it depth..
Hope that helps..??
I read an article on RC Driver site about body painting. They recommend scuffing up the inside of the body with steel wool first because this makes the paint stick better then wash with soap and water like you said. Do you think scuffing up the body lightly is helpful?

goo
i always use the rough/scrub side of a washing sponge to scuff up the bodys. worked out fine so far, i never had flaking off paint.
Good to know. Will do.

i always use the rough/scrub side of a washing sponge to scuff up the bodys.
I've never used that method, but I'm going to give it a try on my next body..!!
Can't ever recall paint flaking off the bodies I've painted, they normally break before I'm worried about the paint coming off...?

Man I really love that yellow. The body looks fantastic!
Thx man, I couldn't decide wether to paint the sides like the real truck or do the whole side then add a black line.. The latter won.?
I think maybe the next one will be like the real thing where just a panel along the side is painted, I'm thinking maybe lime green and silver..?

I was thinking of doing my truck in Neon green with some white or pink accents. I could see it in my head but getting it done is another thing. Saw a buggy with those colors and it looked wild. Reminded me of an of Ofna RC buggy from the 90’s

Last edited:
Couldn't decide what colors I wanted so just threw this together in a couple of hours for now..?

Ford Bronco..??

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6329.jpeg

Recent Popular Liked

Back