• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Biggest Can for ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freelosophy

Reaction score
How big of a motor will fit the ET48 2.0 with the esc on the same side?

How big of a motor will fit the ET48 2.0 with the esc on the same side?
You could probably fit a 4082 with a max8 but they would more than likely be rubbing against each other. If you cut the esc plate loose from the servo mount it may get you a few millimeters.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is a 4076 and max8 second two photos if you want a bigger motor I would go 4092 and put the esc where the receiver box is and move the receiver box to the esc mounting location but you will more than likely need a max6 to run a 4092 . I originally bought this max8 to run a 4092 in my ground up custom kraton that weighs around 13 pounds with batts and the esc would overheat after five minutes running. The 4076 does just fine for me for this rig weighing 11 pounds on 6s. With the new motor mount anything bigger than 42mm in diameter won’t fit.

I have the mamba monster x with the 1515/220kv motor on my MT410 but it over heats in warm days. was looking to move the esc as you said on the mt410 and install castle 1520 with the monster x 8s although I run the mt410 with 4s only. And I was going to put the 1515 monster x in the et48 2.0. But then I said maybe the et48 will over heat with the castle 1515. Am just not sure which way to go? not familiar at all with hobbywing stuff. Be willing to try it but at 300 bucks I can't afford to try and fail if you know what I mean . . .

Just saw the coupon from tower for 50 bucks off today so I pulled the trigger on the monster x 8s and the 1520 sensor motor for $265 instead of $315. Gotta make sure my wife doesn't find out. lol.
Hope I did the right thing . . . I'll see if it fits in the mt410 first and later the et48 2.0. wishing my self good luck lol.

Just saw the coupon from tower for 50 bucks off today so I pulled the trigger on the monster x 8s and the 1520 sensor motor for $265 instead of $315. Gotta make sure my wife doesn't find out. lol.
Hope I did the right thing . . . I'll see if it fits in the mt410 first and later the et48 2.0. wishing my self good luck lol.
1520 will fit. You'll need to relocate the ESC to the other side of the chassis.

In my MT410 I’m running an mmx6s with a 4092 (longer than the 1520). A small plate to mount the ESC on top of the empty space in the rear of the chassis works great. I’m also using a better fan. I haven’t overheated it yet running large tires and a 20t pinion. It runs on the hotter side though (160-190F max, 150 average). MMX8s will run cool but also stick out of the chassis a bit more. It should be fine as long as you don’t land square on it somehow. Wide chassis would eliminate this problem, although it’s not likely you smack into the ESC.
1CFAEDFA-2420-4DF8-B0B6-6B5DF11E4EFC.jpeg

On my ET 2.0 I’m doing something similar except with an MMX8s and a generic 4092. I’ll likely be switching to a TP4070 (102mm long). This is going to require a few custom parts. Most importantly an ESC mounting plate, wire guides and a larger battery tray for Turnigy 6s packs. Here’s what it looks like right now.
CBD889B2-2FDA-4BF4-BBA2-ED637DF93D0E.jpeg

I'd recommend selling the 1515/MMX6s combo and just moving up to a MMX8s and a generic motor on your ET2.0. The generic motors are really great for the price, although they run a bit hotter.

Last edited:
am a noob, first rig was the granite blx march of last year pandemic boredom and it hooked me. Did a little research and it led me to the mt410. love tekno! love the build. I got all of mitch's upgrades on the mt410 except the chassis. I was thinking of putting the esc where the receiver is and moving the receiver to where you have the esc. I thought of putting the esc on top of the center diff but I land on the roof way to often. lol. looking forward to NOT overheating in 80 degrees ambient.

am a noob, first rig was the granite blx march of last year pandemic boredom and it hooked me. Did a little research and it led me to the mt410. love tekno! love the build. I got all of mitch's upgrades on the mt410 except the chassis. I was thinking of putting the esc where the receiver is and moving the receiver to where you have the esc. I thought of putting the esc on top of the center diff but I land on the roof way to often. lol. looking forward to NOT overheating in 80 degrees ambient.
Yeah I tried the ESC over the motor via a plate mounted to the center diff. Made removing the center diff a lot more of a hassle. It also took some hits when I landed upside down.
IMG_7944.jpg

You could definitely mount the ESC where the receiver is, I recommend a small plate out of 1/8" or 3/16" thick ABS/Nylon. A 12"x24" sheet of nylon is super useful for making bumpers, wire guides, ESC plates, braces, etc. Very easy to work with.

I had mitch's brace also and sent it about 45 ft and landed wrong and you know the rest. check out m2c's new front and rear shock towers, don't think I'll be bending these. the 1520 combo should be here next week. looking forward to the mod and hopefully no overheating in the summer!!!

Attachments

• 20210502_142603.png
    20210502_142603.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 392
I have the mamba monster x with the 1515/220kv motor on my MT410 but it over heats in warm days. was looking to move the esc as you said on the mt410 and install castle 1520 with the monster x 8s although I run the mt410 with 4s only. And I was going to put the 1515 monster x in the et48 2.0. But then I said maybe the et48 will over heat with the castle 1515. Am just not sure which way to go? not familiar at all with hobbywing stuff. Be willing to try it but at 300 bucks I can't afford to try and fail if you know what I mean . . .
Um not a fan of castle myself and 2200 kv for 1/8 scale with big tires is to high to me I bought this to keep it light and the weight where Tekno designed it to be I got $140 in the power system and it runs incredibly well for what I got in it. I don’t need or want sensored unless um racing. Hobbywing non sensored esc run really smooth I bought this max8 from Jennys’s rc for $80 that’s a heck of a deal and they are so simple to program.

I had mitch's brace also and sent it about 45 ft and landed wrong and you know the rest. check out m2c's new front and rear shock towers, don't think I'll be bending these. the 1520 combo should be here next week. looking forward to the mod and hopefully no overheating in the summer!!!
Can you please tell me what size motor you have installed in this photo?

not sure what photo you are referring to, but if you mean the one where the esc is between the motor and the servo that's a castle 1515 motor with a mamba monster x esc (combo). I pulled it out cause it over heated and put in a 1520 and very happy with the 1520 cause it doesn't over heat!

The center brace is the one from the mt410? I can’t see it for et48 2.0

not sure what photo you are referring to, but if you mean the one where the esc is between the motor and the servo that's a castle 1515 motor with a mamba monster x esc (combo). I pulled it out cause it over heated and put in a 1520 and very happy with the 1520 cause it doesn't over heat!
so the 1520 fits with the mm x esc? that was what i’m planning but wanted to make sure it fits.

edit: for my et48 2.0

Recent Popular Liked

Back