• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48 2.0 Battery selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapawFox64

Reaction score
Howdy all! I’m down to selecting a battery for the new EB48 2.0 build. I’m running the HW XeRun 4268 G3 1900kV motor with stock 44T spur / 16T pinion with the HW XeRun XR8 SCT ESC. Mains are 10 minutes on a outside dirt track. What will be a good 4S battery to run? mAh? C-rating? Thanks for the input.👍🏻

I would say for 10 mins you want at least a 5500mah, perhaps 6000mah. For racing, always look for high C rating packs of 60C or higher. A lot of race spec packs are rated at 100C which isn't at all realistic in terms of the power they can output but at least they tend to be good quality packs.

I would highly recommend a hard case 4S pack over soft case as they are easier to fit into the car and the wires come out of the top of the case which is where you want them.

In the UK, I recommend Centro, Ludicrous, Overlander and Intellect. Not sure about other countries, perhaps others can advise, but if you are in the US then SMC are highly rated.

I would say for 10 mins you want at least a 5500mah, perhaps 6000mah. For racing, always look for high C rating packs of 60C or higher. A lot of race spec packs are rated at 100C which isn't at all realistic in terms of the power they can output but at least they tend to be good quality packs.

I would highly recommend a hard case 4S pack over soft case as they are easier to fit into the car and the wires come out of the top of the case which is where you want them.

In the UK, I recommend Centro, Ludicrous, Overlander and Intellect. Not sure about other countries, perhaps others can advise, but if you are in the US then SMC are highly rated.
Thanks for the tips!

Recent Popular Liked

Back