• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Battery selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieG

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Hi Guys, recommendations for a 4S Lipo on my MT410? I'm running the Hobbywing 1/8 Max 8 4274 2200Kv Brushless Combo XT90 so looking at what good options are available, around the 5500mAh would be suffice.

Hi Guys, recommendations for a 4S Lipo on my MT410? I'm running the Hobbywing 1/8 Max 8 4274 2200Kv Brushless Combo XT90 so looking at what good options are available, around the 5500mAh would be suffice.
I run the exact same combo. These batteries work great for me!
image.jpg

Depends on ones budget. After many years and many lipo's I really, really like the new spectrums that are so easy to charge. One does not have to worry about discharging to storage as they do so them selves. Also get rid of the balance leads that always seem to find a way loose and have gotten pulled off and the pack ruined. If just starting, look at one of their starter bundles, charger and batteries at Tower Hobby, or Amain. Well worth in investment to me.

Depends on ones budget. After many years and many lipo's I really, really like the new spectrums that are so easy to charge. One does not have to worry about discharging to storage as they do so them selves. Also get rid of the balance leads that always seem to find a way loose and have gotten pulled off and the pack ruined. If just starting, look at one of their starter bundles, charger and batteries at Tower Hobby, or Amain. Well worth in investment to me.
I like the sound of that, makes life so much easier, but I think in this instance budget is a major factor and the spektrums are exceeding that right now, still love the concept though. Btw I live in Perth Australia :)

Since you're just bashing i would go for lower cost batteries. those power hobby 50c would probably do the trick just fine. In general my advice is if a battery gets really warm but the motor and esc aren't, consider going up in C rating or a higher end battery brand. 50c is considered low but probably fine for 4s if you aren't pushing it hard.

Since you're just bashing i would go for lower cost batteries. those power hobby 50c would probably do the trick just fine. In general my advice is if a battery gets really warm but the motor and esc aren't, consider going up in C rating or a higher end battery brand. 50c is considered low but probably fine for 4s if you aren't pushing it hard.
I bash and race with 20c batteries who do just fine. Their lifetime is not even bad (pretty much the opposite). 20c x 5000mAh = 100A peak current, if I’m not mistaken. Multiply by 14V, it is plenty of power if you ask me.

The beauty of 4s, there is enough voltage to play with.

Recent Popular Liked

Back