• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Battery C rating Q?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turtle Jon

Reaction score
Hey! what C rating do y'all think is enough? I'll be using something around 6500 mAh, 4s, on a 1/8 Tekin 1900 kv motor, 20t pinion, Mamba max pro.

Castle has it posted somewhere on there site and I can’t find it now but they advertise nothing lower 30 or 35 C. I have 4 castle ECS’s and run between 35 - 50 C and have never had an issue.

Cheap batteries or a very low C or discharge rating can cause a ESC to prematurely fail due to the capacitors not getting enuf current flow

C ratings are very dependent on manufacturer. They all seem to do it on their own scale. Also make sure you are looking at the constant rating not the burst rating.

For the set up you referenced (I imagine its in a buggy?) typically you would want a minimum constant C raining of 50 for a 5000mah or better lipo.

20t pinion is going to put a little extra strain on the system too. Are trying to make a speed run buggy?

The C rating matters most on a 2s. You are getting so much power out of a 4s anyhow that in my experience C rating doesn’t make a big difference.

i have run down to 20C (4s) batteries with no noticeable performance loss.

If you're going to be running 4S in a lighter SCT chassis then 25C will be more than sufficient. When LiPo's first came out, I raced with 20C-4.5Ah packs in my RC8e without any problem with a 4268-1900KV motor.

If you're running a 3660-1900KV can, then you won't even break a sweat with a 25C pack.

50C will allow you charge your cells at 2C rate and 100C should let you charge the cells around 4C+

Do not charge your packs at higher than 1C if you are not comfortable nor closely monitor your packs while charging at high rates. I highly recommend that you get into the habit of monitoring your IR, more info here;
Which charger is the best?

Recent Popular Liked

Back