• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Basher ET48 what donor ? (second hand)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebcbien

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. MT410
  4. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Hello,
I would like to buy a second hand roller and convert it to an ET48 for bashing with some goodies from MTC.
It looks like that the TEKNO chassis has too much flex for bashing.
What would you suggest, buy a second hand ET48.3 or a MT410 ?
I think it will be way more expensive to buy a new ET48 2.0 kit and add M2C chassis and braces.
Any advices ?
Thanks ! :)

It really depends on what you can secure… your also gonna drop $$$ no matter what…

The MT410 is amazing but if you plan on extending it - obviously will need the extended wide chassis setup and extended rear brace - M2C will have you covered on that. Also will need to get the longer rear shaft. Then depending on how crazy you get - shock towers, diffs, and more bracing. Some things you will be missing out from the ET platform will be the full option shock package. Tons of aftermarket support with m2c, mmm, all racing, T-bone.

ET48 2.0 new rig on the block. Bracing is slowly coming out. New towers dropped today. I’m interested in the towers but plan on keeping the stock Tekno chassis as new basher chassis is the same minus cutouts for added strength. Figure might as well test it out before dropping money on that.

It is really a tough call… I’d suggest maybe pricing things out and seeing what options are out there before making a full decision.

I kept a mt410 at short wheel base but decked out and plan on slowly upgrading the ET48 2.0 with what it needs. See pic below

Attachments

• 119B2311-B0BB-434F-9DBF-7A5E7C5FDE58.jpeg
    119B2311-B0BB-434F-9DBF-7A5E7C5FDE58.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thanks, much appreciated !

I just secured a nice deal, a second hand new unopened box of a Tekno ET48 2.0...
It was a sign of god, I'm sure ! 🤪
So I'm going to build mine. (y)

I like a little "racing" at the local track and also bashing around. I usually jump at max 2m (6foot), exceptionally at 3m (10 foot) and I can land correctly. no Duperbash style here :LOL:
What is the minimum ? the M2C rear chassis brace ? https://m2cracing.net/cars-and-trucks/655-m2c-6996-tekno-20-truggy-rear-center-brace-.html
I mean, if by jumping like I do I'm almost sure to bend the TEKNO chassis, I do prefer directly building with the M2C 4mm bashing chassis and keep the original one straight 🤪

I've been jumping my ET48 2.0 for a few months now, and all I've broken was a rear driveshaft, I fitted a rear brace that I made from an aluminium Typhon brace and I've not had any troubles since.

The front to center driveshaft bends pretty easy but it is easy to bend it back. The other day I landed on my front wheel with the nose pointing straight at the ground and I bent my inner hinge pins, but bent then straight again and the car is good again.

I'm uploading the footage from this jump at the moment I'll link the videos soon so you can see what type of jumps it can take without upgrades.

I've fitted a front and rear bumper that once again is from my old typhon.

Here are some photo's of mine fitted with a few different things and a truggy body.

IMG_20210917_210927_909.jpg
20210708_170828_HDR-01.jpeg
20210708_142659.jpg
20210708_143313.jpg
Screenshot_20210708-093812_Gallery.jpg

I also have a spare Typhon chassis brace laying in my toolbox, amazing that they are compatible ! (y)

I also have a spare Typhon chassis brace laying in my toolbox, amazing that they are compatible ! (y)
They aren't exactly, I had to modify it a fair bit to get it to fit it is the front brace I used here. This was before the M2C one was released and I didn't want to wait for the All Racing one in the post.

Pretty impressed it can do such jumps in stock settings.
I makes similar jumps, so with a front and rear brace it should be quite enough, no need for the 4mm M2C Chassis.
Thanks !

Recent Popular Liked

Back