• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just building my first Tekno, the ET48 2.0 😊
The truggy will be a basher and will mostly be run on BMX tracks.
For the electronics, I choose Hobbywing EzRun MAX8 G2 ESC, Hobbywing EzRun
4278 SD
2250KV 3-6S Motor and​
Team Corally CS-5226 HV High Speed Servo.
Car will be run on 4S LiPo and with Pro-Line Badlands 3.8in tires mounted on Raid 8x32 wheels.

Upgrades, that will stiffen the car and make it a better basher:
- Aluminum front top plate
- Aluminum center brace
- Aluminum rear brace
- Aluminum rear support mount
- Aluminum rear skid plate
- Front 4mm bumper
- Hardened steel spur gear (TKR9117)
- Stiffer shock springs - orange (TKR6093 & TKR6083)
- Aluminum servo horn (TKR5253B)
- Lexan rear arm mud guards (TKR9433)

At the moment, I finished with Bag K and am now moving to front shocks with bag L.
For the diff fluid, I choose 60k front, 200k center & 30k rear.
Everything went together really good except I had to be really strong to get all the M3 & M4 screws in by hand into the plastics of the front and rear gearboxes and my hands still hurt after a few days :)
And there was one thing I F* up.... 😠 I forgot to mount the small front bumper before tightening the screw and tighten the screw all the way without the bumper, which caused the screw to go through the plastic hitting the other small screw for the gearbox cover, which then tore apart the mount for the small screw... I then bent the torn plastic back and glued it with CA. The small screw could then be screwed in without a problem.

Here are some pictures of the car in the current stage (finished with bag K):

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 123
A little chapstick will help get those screws in. It takes patience but what works for me is the chapstick then two turns in -one turn back, two turns in - one turn back…etc.

A little chapstick will help get those screws in. It takes patience but what works for me is the chapstick then two turns in -one turn back, two turns in - one turn back…etc.
I did use chapstick really on all the screws, that go into plastics, even on the small ones, still my hand hurts :) But this was only on the gearbox plastic, for example, the arms are made from different plastics and it was way more easier to screw them in.

Shocks are done and mounted :)

20230311_151542.jpg

20230312_120923.jpg

20230312_120950.jpg

Since the HW MAX8 G2, has wires coming out on both sides, it is difficult to mount it in normal orientation and with the aluminum middle brace, so I decided to design and 3D print a vertical mount for the Hobbywing MAX8 G2 ESC. The final product will be printed in PETG and in the same color as the aluminum middle brace.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I had to redesign the ESC vertical mount a bit, because the motor wires were in the way for the body to be mounted easily.
Other than that, it it pretty much finished.
The body was painted today, and this is how it looks without stickers:

20230326_135251.jpg

20230328_113115.jpg

20230328_135824.jpg

20230329_163412.jpg

20230329_163514.jpg

Any chance you'd share rough build cost?

I'm pondering an et48 2.0 after looking at all the arrmas, hours of browsing used, then to the MT410, and now I figure I might as well shoot the moon with the et48. Although it seems you have completely taken the moon out with your build.

May I ask the brand of all the aluminum bracing?

Any chance you'd share rough build cost?

I'm pondering an et48 2.0 after looking at all the arrmas, hours of browsing used, then to the MT410, and now I figure I might as well shoot the moon with the et48. Although it seems you have completely taken the moon out with your build.

May I ask the brand of all the aluminum bracing?
Of course, the cost for everything incl. all aluminum tuning parts, Tekno Pivot Ball and Shock Multi-tool (TKR1115), Tekno 17mm Wheel Wrench, Shock Cap Tool (TKR1116), Tekno Turnbuckle Wrench (4mm / 5mm, hardened steel) (TKR1103) & Pro-Line Badlands 3.8in tires mounted on Raid 8x32 wheels was around 1500€ which is around $1600.

The aluminum bracing is branded Oktay's (from Germany), but it's exactly the same as Allracing, that you can get on Aliexpress. The rear skidplate is from MDD Modellbau RC.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and just building my first Tekno, the ET48 2.0 😊
The truggy will be a basher and will mostly be run on BMX tracks.
For the electronics, I choose Hobbywing EzRun MAX8 G2 ESC, Hobbywing EzRun
4278 SD
2250KV 3-6S Motor and​

Team Corally CS-5226 HV High Speed Servo.
Car will be run on 4S LiPo and with Pro-Line Badlands 3.8in tires mounted on Raid 8x32 wheels.

Upgrades, that will stiffen the car and make it a better basher:
- Aluminum front top plate
- Aluminum center brace
- Aluminum rear brace
- Aluminum rear support mount
- Aluminum rear skid plate
- Front 4mm bumper
- Hardened steel spur gear (TKR9117)
- Stiffer shock springs - orange (TKR6093 & TKR6083)
- Aluminum servo horn (TKR5253B)
- Lexan rear arm mud guards (TKR9433)

At the moment, I finished with Bag K and am now moving to front shocks with bag L.
For the diff fluid, I choose 60k front, 200k center & 30k rear.
Everything went together really good except I had to be really strong to get all the M3 & M4 screws in by hand into the plastics of the front and rear gearboxes and my hands still hurt after a few days :)
And there was one thing I F* up.... 😠 I forgot to mount the small front bumper before tightening the screw and tighten the screw all the way without the bumper, which caused the screw to go through the plastic hitting the other small screw for the gearbox cover, which then tore apart the mount for the small screw... I then bent the torn plastic back and glued it with CA. The small screw could then be screwed in without a problem.

Here are some pictures of the car in the current stage (finished with bag K):
Hey for the orange shock springs, why two product numbers?

Since the HW MAX8 G2, has wires coming out on both sides, it is difficult to mount it in normal orientation and with the aluminum middle brace, so I decided to design and 3D print a vertical mount for the Hobbywing MAX8 G2 ESC. The final product will be printed in PETG and in the same color as the aluminum middle brace.

1689010270427.png
Where have I been? I just realized the ET/EB use the same center front driveshaft. Having the EB48 2.0 since it first came out, I so badly wanted the new Tekno truggy to build. Well, I couldn't wait for the ET48 2.0 to come out, so I went a different direction, but I'm enjoying your build 💪:cool:💪 while I reevaluate future truggy project.

Thanks!

Recent Popular Liked

Back