• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Anybody know what causes this or how to prevent it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kur

Reaction score
Took my mt410 out bashing today and would hear a random grinding noise. Every time I checked I found rocks in the chassis and figured they were grinding on my spur gear. Cleared the rocks and the noise went away for a while.

But when I got home I noticed the rear drive cup rubbing on the receiver box and the bearing popped about 1/3 of the way out of the rear diff housing.

Any ideas?

20210204_214300.jpg

Figured it out as soon as I got the rear end off. The set screw on the drive cup came loose. No signs of loc-tite at all which is weird because I could swear I put it on when I assembled the kit.

Checked the front diff to be safe and sure enough the same thing was happening there too.

When putting thread lock on metal parts it's always a good idea to use motor spray or something similar to get off any remaining oils from the machining process.

Recent Popular Liked

Back