• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

XR8Plus Flashing Green Only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Cleaned the whole car with mild soap and rinsed off for major tear down. Back together and all I get is the flashing green for number of cells in battery. The programming box stops at "Connecting to ESC". New unused receiver will not bind to it. Thought they are waterproof. The power button turns on and off goes to flashing green will not stop at red no matter what I do. Looked on line and found no answers. Anyone with an ideal?? At this point I think the ESC is dead. Not sure I want to send it back to China for warranty. Looking for suggest before give totally up on it. Thanks for you input, no matter what it is.

Not waterproof. I don't race but deal at a race focused shop. I was thinking of putting that in my short coarse truck. They said no way, have saw them die from a whiff of water at the track

Ouch! Sure am surprised they are not waterproof. Throws lots of winter plans in ruin.

What esc of that caliber are waterproof?

Sorry to hear.. I don't use water for cleaning for just those reasons. Generally, I just brush and air clean my rigs until a teardown. I use soap and water for plastic and aluminum parts, but never on an assembled rig. Just me.
Perhaps with enough drying time it'll work again? It's happened to cell phones for me..

Appreciate everyones comments. All this time I thought it was waterproof. Since it is dead, pulled it apart and found the seal was not sealing at all. No wonder had a problem. Bad assemble job. Monster X looks good, sure takes a bite out of hobby budget.

Have a fleet of hobby wing esc and motors. Going to take some serious contemplating. Need a way to make what I have at least water resisting. Any ideals?? Thinking rubber cement at the case halves for starters. Since that is where this failure was at. Wondering about spraying on WD 40 before going out in wet grass. What are your thoughts? Thanks for sharing.

I took my XR8 SCT apart when new and soaked the boards in Corrosion X. I haven't tested how waterproof this particular ESC is now, but it still works so at least the Corrosion X didn't fry it.

Corrosion X has been recommended for years for waterproofing servos, receivers and whatnot. You can also try any other conformal coatings but be careful about getting them onto plug pins.

I have a Mamba Monster X as well and while it is waterproof, Castle says not to use it underwater and that the sensor harness is not waterproof. I also found that the switch is not waterproof or really anything proof.

If it never let out its magic smoke, then try letting it fully dry before you connect a battery again. You might get lucky. Could also take it apart and spray it down with rubbing alcohol to try to get any water drops out. Of course let the alcohol dry afterwards.

Good suggestion. What color label? See they have many different ones or does it make much difference. Had read about this years ago and forgot about it.

That is a good question, I believe the red label is the normal stuff. I wanted a smaller, non aerosol bottle so I ended up with a bottle of their Ultimate CLP gun cleaner. Based on my research it is the same stuff just in different packaging. The SDS is the same for both and it looks/smells the same.

Recent Popular Liked

Back