• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wing on an MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize there was a v1 mount that is higher... now wonder if the one I got will sit too low...

Here is how I set up mine on my MT48.3. I used the Tekno V1 wing mounts so the wing can sit higher and used extended offset body posts from HPI wheely king on the rear:

Liking that king cab body! Too bad it isn't longer though to fit the truggy chassis wheelbase, not many nice looking truck bodies out that will... nice idea on that wing mount! I'll probably have to get creative since I think i got the newer mount, I didn't know there was an older version.

Tell me more about that tower to tower brace please sir

I took a 3/8' Alum Rod, drilled and tapped then angle cut the front a little for the angle of the Shock Tower. Bolted it through the unused center holes in Shock Towers.

Looks like the mount I got is gonna be too low, I dont have the wing yet but the mount isn't even as high as the body posts.

We need the older .2 wing mount for more height: TKR5026
The shorter current mount is TKR5181

Just ordered the old wing mount because the new one is way to low. Also ordered the hardware needed to mount it because the mount comes with nothing. Cant wait to get the wing on!

Just ordered the old wing mount because the new one is way to low. Also ordered the hardware needed to mount it because the mount comes with nothing. Cant wait to get the wing on!

ah good catch, i didn't notice that the old mount doesn't include the hardware. lucky for me I already have it since I ordered the low wing. ha ha... i will order up the high mount today. hopefully my wing will show up in a few days.... dang USPS.

Looking forward to seeing how your install goes. if we have to completely hack off half of the truck bed I will probably change my mind on installing it. might have to get a little creative.

I wont mind cutting a small portion of the bed off, but not too much, but hopefully I won't have to. If I can just cut some notches in it that will be cool.

Hello!

What screw set will I need for this wing mount?

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20180623_170730_Drive.jpg

Even with the high mount it's still about a half in or so too low. I have details on my thread. I'm going to use it later with a different body. Youd have to hack half of the bed off...

Awesome! Should look good. All the other builds I've done with wings and truck bodies I've just cut some of the bed off the truck body.

Here's some non Tekno pics for reference.:) Short wheelbase D8T.

Bushmaster 8E-MT

What wing is on the ProLine?

ah good catch, i didn't notice that the old mount doesn't include the hardware. lucky for me I already have it since I ordered the low wing. ha ha... i will order up the high mount today. hopefully my wing will show up in a few days.... dang USPS.

Looking forward to seeing how your install goes. if we have to completely hack off half of the truck bed I will probably change my mind on installing it. might have to get a little creative.
Any updates on how it sat with the wing on?

I personally think thats all you need

Recent Popular Liked

Back