• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wing on an MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC_User

TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Anybody got some pics of a wing on your MT410? I'm considering doing this but I need to see how it looks first, so help me out!

I'm assuming we just need the TKR5181 set below? I see them for around $12 on ebay... of course plus the actual wing...

s-l500.jpg

Yeah that's all you would need. Of course I just sold one with wing off an EB48SL for $15 shipped:cry:

I was wondering the exact same thing. More than likely I'm going to try this once mine MT 410 gets here Wednesday. I think it would bolt right on though. I looked at the shock tower, and it does have the holes for the wing mount.

I used the wing mount to support the back of the truck bed in addition to the HPI posts. Threw a Wing on it for a general idea.

nice idea, using it as added support! i think i will pick up a set. how's it look with the body on it? A bit silly to have a giant wing on a pickup? i'm wondering what it would look like with a DB body too...

Yeah that's all you would need. Of course I just sold one with wing off an EB48SL for $15 shipped:cry:

of course! :)

nice idea, using it as added support! i think i will pick up a set. how's it look with the body on it? A bit silly to have a giant wing on a pickup? i'm wondering what it would look like with a DB body too...

I was going to cut the body to run the wing kinda like Arrma does but decided not too so I don't have any of those type pics.
I personally like a wing on an MT. The look on my XXL was perfect. Plus it acted like a wheelie bar and made it bounce off its arse instead of smashing the Sh*t out of the bed. That has a lot to do with my driving though.

A DB winged would be the way I'd go. Not necessarily a U4 type but Class 1 buggy/

I love wings on monster trucks. Remember Monster Patrol from Monster Jam? Even had a wing on my Associated Monster GT back in '07. I think I'm going to order the wing mount tonight.

I love wings on monster trucks. Remember Monster Patrol from Monster Jam? Even had a wing on my Associated Monster GT back in '07. I think I'm going to order the wing mount tonight.

I just ordered up the black wing and the mount. Will post up some pics on the weekend if the mount shows up in time.

I just ordered up the black wing and the mount. Will post up some pics on the weekend if the mount shows up in time.
Awesome! Should look good. All the other builds I've done with wings and truck bodies I've just cut some of the bed off the truck body.

Here's some non Tekno pics for reference.:) Short wheelbase D8T.

Bushmaster 8E-MT

Last edited:
I used the wing mount to support the back of the truck bed in addition to the HPI posts. Threw a Wing View attachment 656View attachment 656on it for a general idea.

Looking in the manual it appears two of the four screw holes are used to mount the MT410 rear bumper. do we have to lose the bumper to mount the wing? i see you have the bumper still there, how are you attaching the bumper support and the wing mount to the same holes? or am I confused?

Pictures are worth a 1000 right. Wing mounted as normal but yes lost the top connection round thing. That always folded in anyhow so was worthless. Ziptied the rest to the TBR wheelie bar.

Hope that helps.
image.jpeg

Pictures are worth a 1000 right. Wing mounted as normal but yes lost the top connection round thing. That always folded in anyhow so was worthless. Ziptied the rest to the TBR wheelie bar.

Hope that helps.
View attachment 667

ahh thanks. that is a bummer. i don't have a TBR bumper on the back. i'll probably just remove the bumper and run without one, the wing will be my new bumper!

ahh thanks. that is a bummer. i don't have a TBR bumper on the back. i'll probably just remove the bumper and run without one, the wing will be my new bumper!

The wing will take more abuse than the stock bumper:LOL: The SCT bumper is fine on the SCT but just about worthless on a 1/8 basher IMO. I really do wish they went a different route on the MT410 with both bumpers, but no RC is perfect;)

The wing will take more abuse than the stock bumper:LOL: The SCT bumper is fine on the SCT but just about worthless on a 1/8 basher IMO. I really do wish they went a different route on the MT410 with both bumpers, but no RC is perfect;)

Totally agree, the SCT bumper is for a lighter weight, slower vehicle. well i'm not surprised, i think the only reason the MT410 exists is because its 100% recycled parts. i'll just ditch the bumper, don't really need a rear one unless you're landing badly, and i NEVER do that ........ hehe

Can't agree more. Just doesn't belong on this RC but there is so much more that is better I decided since I suck at landing I bolted/Ziptied as much as I could to keep some protection. Id rather have the wing look and replace it every once in awhile then get upset on the recycled parts.

Well my wing mount arrived yesterday but the wing got shipped to the wrong post office and hasn't moved in two days. Gotta love USPS...

Recent Popular Liked

Back