• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 What's this empty boxy thing for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
  4. ET410
  5. MT410
  6. NB-48
  7. NT-48
  8. SCT410
  9. DB48
Driving Style
Basher
So i was building my mt and i saw this thing that looked like a servo mount but that was on the other side guard? What are you supposed to put here because the manual doesn't tell you.
PXL_20220524_094020690~2.jpg
PXL_20220524_094014868.jpg

I believe it is space for an extra servo that would activate brakes (nitro style).

No one really uses this in electric, because the motor acts as a braking system. I did hear some guys like the feel of independent brakes or use it to reduce battery consumption (braking seems to use significant power).

+1

TEKNO has discontinued the mechanical brake kit:
https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/tkr5206x.htm

When LiPo was first introduced the run times were abysmal so the brake kit allowed roughly 25% longer run times, but over time battery technology would replace the need for the upgrade as capacity and C ratings increased.

The 2.0 kits no longer offer this feature.

Side note: MT = Monster Truck and SCT = Short Course Truck which are 2 completely different classes.

+1

TEKNO has discontinued the mechanical brake kit:
https://shop.stormerhobbies.com/product-p/tkr5206x.htm

When LiPo was first introduced the run times were abysmal so the brake kit allowed roughly 25% longer run times, but over time battery technology would replace the need for the upgrade as capacity and C ratings increased.

The 2.0 kits no longer offer this feature.

Side note: MT = Monster Truck and SCT = Short Course Truck which are 2 completely different classes.
They share the same chassis it's just the suspension that's different. Thanks for the reply though. (I have both but i hadn't put the side guard on the mt at the time of writing so i just grabbed my sct instead)

Last edited:
They share the same chassis it's just the suspension that's different. Thanks for the reply though. (I have both but i hadn't put the side guard on the mt at the time of writing so i just grabbed my sct instead)

SCT arms, axles, shafts, shock towers make it roughly 90% different than the MT which is nearly double the size after wheels are installed... trying to compare the SCT410 to MT410 is like comparing Rhode Island to Texas :oops:

Recent Popular Liked

Back