• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What shock weight would you suggest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supradude26

Reaction score
So I'm just finishing up building my new 410.3, and I'm waiting on a few upgrades and my electronics, but I wanted to know what most guys run for shock oil, pistons and springs for pretty bumpy outdoor tracks. My local track isnt really kept up so most of it is pretty rutted up, although it is hard packed with thin loose dirt on top. I've read that the stock settings are pretty soft, and I've ordered all the aluminum shock upgrades and the dellin guides, as well as a set of black conical pistons. I've got some stiffer springs coming as well. What works good for you guys?

Thanks I used those when I built my et48.3 a couple weeks ago but for some reason couldnt find the right one for this truck. Cant wait till the rest of my stuff gets here Wednesday so I can try it out! So glad I decided to try Tekno when I got my truggy, I love these kits.

I posted a link to Joe Bornhorst's setup which includes recommended shock settings and pretty much everything else worth trying for those looking for something different than the box stock setup.

I posted a link to Joe Bornhorst's setup which includes recommended shock settings and pretty much everything else worth trying for those looking for something different than the box stock setup.

I made some changes since my last outing and went back to the track today. The biggest issue I was having was when I ordered the truck they were out of all but the 3 stiffest optional rear springs, and I knew the stock stuff was going to be too soft for my track/equipment, so I guessed on shock oil to go with the orange springs and it really effected the performance of the truck on the bumps and jumping. I changed the oil and most everything else to the same setup as you linked, minus the green rear springs I'm still waiting on, and it was vastly better today. It's still likes to nosedive pretty often off certain jumps, but I was able to put down way more power on the bumpy rutted straight a way and not once did it start tumbling from that. I could put together a string on 5 or 6 laps numerous times without any major issues which before if I could do 2 I was happy haha. Still a little ways to go but at least it's fun to drive now. Only bad part about the day was I came down a little awkward on the left rear of my et48.3 and snapped the wheel right off lol. I put in the universals instead of the stock cvd's when I built it last month and of course I'll probably have to buy a pair as I dont think I can get just the outer axle part...

On the jumps that you are nose diving, are you hitting them with the truck already at full speed? If so then try to change your approach by slowing before the ramp and make sure you are accelerating up the ramp, more often then not I find that I have to tap the brake in the air to get my nose to level. Sometimes I also have to walk the track and examine the face of jumps, I try to find the steepest angle and make sure to follow that line to prevent nose dives. I also use EB48.4 front buggy springs on my SCT410, they are a little longer which give more support and are less likely for the rear of the chassis to bottom out on a ramp, that is the #1 cause of nose dive issues... only problem is going too stiff on the rear will lose rear traction... it's a fine balancing act to be careful not to go too stiff, I find it better to learn how to approach the jump on acceleration is a better approach... most tracks in my area do a really good job of positioning their jumps with the right amount of run up so you don't have to slow before a jump :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back