• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

What my wife says about my hobby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnbaucom

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
My wife says this hobby reminds her of the George Harrison lyrics:
But it's gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money
It's gonna take plenty of money
To do it right child
It's gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It's gonna take patience and time, um
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it
To do it right child

Very true, but it's a lot less money than real cars!

My wife goes to the track with me just about every time I go. Doesn't race, just goes to support me (or tell me I'm sucking:)) and socialize. She has her own basher monster truggy and actually built most of my ET48.3. I get looks once in awhile about the weekly shipments but she can't really say much:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Hye
That is a funny description of the hobby. I told my wife when I got back into it after many years off, that it is a slippery slope. Once I go down the RC path, it is hard to stop! HA! :)
She is totally supportive though and encourages my behavior :)

Getting into RC I hoped I would spend less on my real car. That did happen, but I think I spent more on RC than I would have on the car. The wife is mostly ok with it, just don't let her sell my stuff for what I told her it costs if I die :D

Lol funny.
I for sure blow a lot on RC, but still less than my MX hobby. Gotta live life though.

I talked to my wife but all she did was strangle me.:p

image.jpeg

Couple of pieces of advice that I've been told over the years from my father and uncle.

1. You can't take the money with you when you're gone.
2. It's far better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Neither one go over well with my wife lol. But for the most part she is cool with all I do.

I fill up the cart, she puts in the credit card info. It’s a beautiful relationship!:love:

Recent Popular Liked

Back