• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Weight of naked chassis EB48.4 / EB48SL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taurus

Reaction score
Hi, new guy here, I am wondering if someone could tell me the naked weight for both EB48.4 and EB48SL chassis.

On the official spec sheet for the SL (taken from teknorc.cm), it says:
  • Length: 522mm
  • Wheelbase: 323-335mm
  • Width: 306mm
  • Weight: ~2950g (6.5lb) – depends on equipment used, can be setup much lighter
On the EB48.4 spec sheet :
  • Length: 435mm (without wing)
  • Wheelbase: 323-335mm
  • Width: 306-310*mm (*optional hubs required)
  • Weight: 3200g (7.0lb) (RTR weight equipped w/ Tekin RX8, 500g battery, rx, etc)
Given the weight difference between a 1/10 combo with a 2S Lipo and a 1/8 combo with a 4S lipo, that would translate into very similar weights for the naked chassis. Is this a fact?

Thanks!

I agree, it would've been nice for them to post the actual dry weight without any electronics, I believe the SL also had the shorter SCT arms/shafts too... I assume you're looking at a used SL because the platform is discontinued.

I don't think the SL concept ever took off because of the very same reasons why the 4WD SCT market has been slowing, folks have figured out that Low KV and High Voltage is more efficient... it's really a shame that ROAR has restricted the 4WD SCT class to 2S electronics, I feel it would be a lot more popular if they opened it up to 4S where having more weight tends to be ideal for both buggy and SCT classes. There comes a point of diminishing return where going too light can actually hinder performance :(

If you're trying to decide between the 2, I would recommend the standard EB48.4 with 4S over the EB48SL on 2S unless you're racing an indoor 1/10 track with 2S restrictions.

If you're trying to decide between the 2, I would recommend the standard EB48.4 with 4S over the EB48SL on 2S unless you're racing an indoor 1/10 track with 2S restrictions.
Thanks for your advice!

Recent Popular Liked

Back