• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Transparent paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megafandrew

Reaction score
I recently did a little rebuild on my ET48 2.0. I tried a new Lead Finger body which I’m pretty happy with and I used a transparent paint Candy Apple Green from Spaz Stix. I have to say I think I’m a fan now of transparent colour. I like seeing the insides of the truck slightly. I use a clear coat after painting so it doesn’t scratch as easily from the inside since it’s not backed by any other colour. Some pictures. Ready to hit the dirt track
5066AC90-D677-4E0B-8A0D-86968D3EB92C.jpeg
983DFBBC-3C1E-47EE-954A-910EB84ED19F.jpeg
FF367F26-538A-41BC-8E88-36B905C377F3.jpeg

Looks awesome, how hard is it to apply evenly? Do you use spraypaint or a compressor?

That looks really good. What did you do for the front body mounts?

Looks awesome, how hard is it to apply evenly? Do you use spraypaint or a compressor?
Thanks a lot! This one was just sprayed out of the can. And I just went really lightly for a few passes because it is hard at first to tell how much is actually on the body. Let it dry for a good period of time and then it’s easier to tell. But ya it did turn out great! I recommend trying any of the colours.

That looks really good. What did you do for the front body mounts?
Thanks I do enjoy the colour. Cool enough, the body fits by just flipping the stock body mount to the front of the shock tower!

I think that would be kind of cool to see in low light night racing conditions with some LEDs making the body glow a bit. :cool: 👍
That is a really cool idea I may have to try something like that!

Recent Popular Liked

Back