• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tired of losing cotter pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3 RC

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
I could do the whole rubber pin leash thing but was looking for some kind of locking cotter pin when I came across this

http://www.almabolt.com/pages/catalog/pins/safety.htm

Anyone tried these or something along the same lines?

The proline screws and caps come off just as easy. Need to find something that works better.

I've used the rubber leashes, they fly off too, not as easily but they do. At least theyre easier to find. I've had decent luck with the proline screw on caps but gotta torque em on tight.
Big safety pins might work good.

those losi clips are no different, they will fly off too... those 5T snappy pins should do the trick since they lock on, if they aren't too big.

anyone happen to have the wire diameter that most RC pins are made from? If not, I can measure later tonight

some are slightly larger than others, the teknos are on the small side, i'd go up a bit and they will fit more snugly for less body rattle

I’ve got some of those. They are a pain in the ass to get on and off. ..especially if you have taller body posts. I usually need needle nose pliers to get them off.

I’ve got some of those. They are a pain in the ass to get on and off. ..especially if you have taller body posts. I usually need needle nose pliers to get them off.

They are not as easy to remove, but that being said they wont fall out.
Hmmm... I'm rocking a buggy so no pins for me, hook-loop tape.

For the buggies that is the way to go for sure.

I used the body posts from the traxxas X-maxx(I think), with the screw down caps. I now hate the pins on my other cars. The screw downs have never come off on me, and the tall body posts bend a little in a crash. I guess traxxas made a plastic part that doesn't break, when you sneeze on it.

full

full

I just use velcro strips on my Tekno, 22 and mini 8ight. Works fine. For my Erevos I use the rubber clip holder (which requires you to drill a hole in the body).

Those look good. Maybe a size larger would be easier to get a grip on. Even if you had to open the hole on the post a little it might be better. Not sure if they make em, but just a thought.

You can try putting a zip tie on the them and trim just enough off to have something to get a grip on.

Or slice some pieces off of some rubber tubing and make little pull rings. (this is what I do for those hard to pull clips)
IMG_1226.JPG

Last edited:
Good idea. I’m definitely going to find a little something to clip on there.

The kids and I have been making these for years. 2 zip ties and some fuel tube.

Attachments

• body clip.jpg
    body clip.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 256

Recent Popular Liked

Back