• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

TEKNO ET410.2 on my shortlist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quiksilver81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am in the process of selling my current Traxxas cars and looking to get a kit and the ET410.2 has my eye. I had a Rustler 4x4 VXL that I tried to build up for my local track (just racing and driving among friends) but never could really get the hang of that car, perhaps because the short chassis. My other car I am selling is a Slash 2WD that I had built up as a monster Slash to bash around the yard.

Anyways I am wondering if the Castle motor and ESC that I have from the other cars would be good for it. The motor is a 1410 3800kV, about 200kV below the recommendation from TEKNO. I don’t think it would be an issue but I would just like to confirm, don’t want to set myself up for disappointment.

Also, I have some Proline SCT wheels and tires in the Slash 4x4 offset, is that the proper offset for the ET410.2?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Adding link to current motor/esc combo in question.

Castle SCT Combo

Having a slash 4x4 vxl and a rustler 4x4 vxl for my kids I can tell you the et410.2 is a huge step up in performance all around. That said if it's something you are going to use outdoors I definitely recommend the aluminum servo horn and rear hubs. Also use twisting balloons for homemade shock boots. That esc motor combo will probably work. All you can do is throw it in and try it out. Your wheels will work fine. I use same sct wheels on the slash 4x4 and the et no problems.

On the castle system the biggest drawback is the size, on the ET410 you don’t have a lot of room for electronics, you are space limited, on the choice for servos..at least something that has 200 on the torque, I run the Protec 160, performance and price fit within my budget, speed controllers..🤔 once again budget was a major factor in my choice 😭 Hobbywing quickrun BL120.. best bargain going in my opinion, it’s a little big but it still fits, they don’t have blinky mode but I’m not running any spec motors in this “truggy” and at $46 it’s hard to beat considering you can run 3S with it, as others have said you can run SC rims and tires on it also, Slash rear offset is perfect..

Thanks for all the input. Sounds like I will use my Castle motor/esc combo and my SCT wheel set and make sure I order the aluminum servo horn with the truggy once I get my Slash sold.

I originally had the castle 3800 and Mamba X in my et410.2 and liked it alot. It doesn't have crazy power but its very smooth and drivable.

I ran a 17t pinion and it does great but won't have a ton of top speed for bashing or asphalt racing but I'm guessing thats not what your using it for?

I recently got a Tekin Pro4HD 4300 motor, as I am going to put the 3800 into my buggy.

I am now thinking about going with a higher kV motor. I’m afraid of having too much torque and not enough up top. The track we go drive around at is very loose/dusty clay. By the time if the day that we get there we don’t have time to spray it down with water.

Are there any recommended upgrades any one could share for the ET410.2? Am good picking the electronics . . . but how about upgrades other than the servo horn and shock caps? I plan to race it on dirt. (We'll see how long that lasts lol)

Recent Popular Liked

Back