• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tekin Hotwire 3.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinbar the Angry Toaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
One of my partners at work gave me a gift card for A-Main Hobbies as a retirement gift. I have been thinking about getting a Tekin Hotwire 3.0 ( https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekin-hotwire-3.0-bluetooth-usb-interface-tektt1452/p673480 ) with some of the gift card for my EB48 2.0. Do you mount the Hotwire in the car for use when tuning and than remove it for racing? If so where/how did you mount it? Velcro, zip-ties? Looks like it plugs into the fan port on the esc?

No, it does not stay in the car. You connect it to the fan port of the ESC, then use the app on your phone to connect to it via bluetooth (or I can be done via USB to a laptop.). From there, you configure your ESC and save the settings in the ESC itself. You disconnect from there and remove it entirely.

Forewarning, connecting the Hotwire via bluetooth can be a bit tricky at first, so try to remember the steps for how your phone recognizes the Hotwire. I can't recall off the top of my head how to do it, but it's not too bad once you sort that out. Have fun and I hope this helps!

You can leave the hotwire in the car if you want but you would have to power the fan elsewhere, and while its really small, one of mine got a bunch of dust inside by leaving it in while I was comparing settings by running a couple laps then stopping the car to make some changes and immediatly be running again to compare the changes . You can be running, stop, program, upload and be running again in 30 seconds or so, which is what I do with any new rig I get, then take it out for the week to maybe 6 months till I want to make changes. I was tuning my ET48.3 with the Hotwire at the track one day and forgot that it was still plugged in after getting sidetracked, then when I went back out for more testing I made it about 5 laps before I saw a small white box fly out from the car, immediately realizing what I had done. Surprisingly after the wire got caught up in the drivetrain and ripped the box off and across the track, there was just enough wire left on the circuit board that i was able to solder a new plug on and it still works 2 years later. Like the other person said, if you dont turn on your bluetooth, the car, the app etc in the right sequence it wont bind. It can be a bit frustrating if Ive forgot a step and cant get them to link for 5 minutes but eventually ive always got it working.

Recent Popular Liked

Back