• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Spring collar placement for front and rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sahmad786

Reaction score
Can someone please post pics or let me know where the spring collar placement should be? The manual indicates as follows and when I set the collar all the way to top, the rear droops down. What should I be looking for when I set the
SmartSelect_20200719-204006_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20200719-203941_Chrome.jpg
spring collar?

You adjust them when its RTR; wheels/body, all your electronics and battery installed. You adjust them to get the desired ride height. There is no real standard, since its based on driving/track conditions.

When the truck has full electrics and a battery in it drop truck on a flat hard surface from 12-15”. I would start with having all driveshafts level with the ground after the drop. This is where you use the collars to adjust the shock preload.

This is just a starting point driving style, tire size and the type of driving surface plays a big factor

If you like doing big jumps I would crank the collars down to try and soak up some of them hard landings

Maverick: if I push the spring collars all the way down for big jumps, wont that make the truck extremely stiff suspension wise and more susceptible to parts breaking?

Maverick: if I push the spring collars all the way down for big jumps, wont that make the truck extremely stiff suspension wise and more susceptible to parts breaking?
Pushing the collars down will only change your ride hight. Not the suspension stiffness. I know it is counter intuitive, I struggle to understand the mechanics of it myself.
Your ride hight will be at its best when the arms more or less sit horizontal.

The collars were meant for that setup and never stay up on the shocks. To make the suspension feel stiffer, you can change the attach points of the shocks on the arms and towers. Further “out” / closer to tires = stiffer. Further “in” / close to chassis = softer.

Thank you Nicochau, the attach points are left stock as per the manual. Do you have suggestions in terms of where the front and rear shock collars should be for big air jumps?

This is kind of a test and tune thing you are going to need to play with. start with your ride height set to having the driveshafts level with the ground.

If you feel that you are bottoming out to much on your landings raise up your ride height

The springs are what you want to change and possibly pistons. The collars are only for changing the ride height.

For big air you may want stiffer springs and lots of travel in the suspension.

Recent Popular Liked

Back