• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Sct410.3 Baja Bug

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

76jimmy

Reaction score
PXL_20210802_182754338.jpg
PXL_20210801_154645845.MP.jpg

Got it done today just finished soldering in the motor and battery connector. Gonna fix a pinion on it and get it dirty.

Very nice looking baja bug. What servo, motor, ESC, and pinion are you going to use in this SCT410?

Esc is a Hobbywing xr8 sct with a 3660 3600kv sensored motor. Currently running it on 3s with a 16t pinion but I think I could go down a tooth or back of the time a little. It gets warm but the trigger feel is awesome. Servo is a off brand from Amazon BETU 45kg. Feels good and has good specs on paper for the cost. I think I got it with a coupon for $55.

It is alot of fun in the yard and at the rc track. The body is definitely not going to hold up unfortunately already has some damage so I ordered some more. The saddest part of this whole thing is parma is out of business and I can't get the paint mask anymore. I'll be looking into a circuit printer to cut my own masks. I kind of dig the stadium truck tires on the short course it looks wider and it's more reactive so it looks like it's working for the turns with that tall body.

Esc is a Hobbywing xr8 sct with a 3660 3600kv sensored motor. Currently running it on 3s with a 16t pinion but I think I could go down a tooth or back of the time a little. It gets warm but the trigger feel is awesome. Servo is a off brand from Amazon BETU 45kg. Feels good and has good specs on paper for the cost. I think I got it with a coupon for $55.

It is alot of fun in the yard and at the rc track. The body is definitely not going to hold up unfortunately already has some damage so I ordered some more. The saddest part of this whole thing is parma is out of business and I can't get the paint mask anymore. I'll be looking into a circuit printer to cut my own masks. I kind of dig the stadium truck tires on the short course it looks wider and it's more reactive so it looks like it's working for the turns with that tall body.
What are your thoughts about XR8 with the 3200 kv ?

What are your thoughts about XR8 with the 3200 kv ?
I've got the 3600kv in this one. I ordered another combo through my lhs with the 3200kv motor so I'd be able to compare. So yes I like the combo enough to buy a second for another kit. I mainly run on a large 1/8 track so my thought was to get the higher kv for the straight but I haven't wound the motor out yet. Tbh it's actually a bit much with the 16t for my skill level in the track.

Recent Popular Liked

Back