• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 SCT410.3 2WD, who has tried it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinagator

Reaction score
I know there will be a severe performance defeceit, but was wandering who has tried locking the center diff and pulling out the front drive shaft and CV's to run 2wd?

Reason being is 2wd sct is dead around here and sometimes people show up without enough entries to make a class. And if I can help make it happen with a few quick turns of some screws I'll put in with the 2wd guys to help out.

I think you don't lock it but put heavy oil like a million. For like a slipper

Just buy another center diff assembly/motor mount to swap out. However like most of Tekno's rigs their weight is balanced for more front weight, this will cause detrimental controllability issues with the rear end being loose.
The above article definitely shows it's possible but realize he's done a lot of work to make it competitive at a high level.

Below might best be on another thread but would have liked to see below when I was researching buying one of these.

**I've had my 410.3 for almost a year now bashing and back yard racing. These little trucks must be the most versatile and durable on the market when top performance is desired!***
They handle up to 4s with ease and considering the bashing it's gotten I've only broken these parts once: 1)Front hub carrier in a head on collision with Arrma Felony
2) Rear diff gears when plastic cross pins gave out(hard ice/snow driving in cold temps)
3) Stripped gears in steering servo (cheep one with brass gears-Not a Tekno fault)
4) Front A block on hard off angle landing (10 foot high jump)(Now have aluminum one)
5) And lastly the front diff case & B block when I smashed into a solid steel RV bumper landing off a snow jump at only 10' F (I'm in Montana)

*what's crazy is the Traxxas cars before on only 2s would break every time out!! same with my buddies Arrma Kraton 4s and Typhon 3s(almost every time but awesome car for the $)

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back