• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Running different diameter tires front/rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ish27

Reaction score
General 4wd question but with a et 410.2 truggy. Can you run slightly different diameter tires front to rear/rear to front without causing undo wear or damage to the drivetrain? I have a used set of SCT calibers and just bought a new set of sct gladiators, which are maybe 2-3mm larger in diameter. Does/Can the center diff compensate enough for this? This was my very first tekno build, it was a pure joy, very high quality, would hate to ruin it early, thanks!

I’m not an expert but I would think you’d be okay. Tires might not wear evenly but drivetrain should be okay.
I have calibers and gladiators and they both are holding up well.

As long as you don’t have locked diffs you’ll be okay as in damage to the drive train but be aware the roll out will be different.

In my indoor racing and when I true tyres down I do run different spur gears to compensate for the difference dia wheels/tyres

The only area in RC I will actively run different roll out is crawling where you purposely have front overdrive so the rig pulls more then pushes

Recent Popular Liked

Back