• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rooky Paint Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nub

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
This is my EB410.2, first kit, first time painting a body. Stared at the clear body for quite a while but paint showed up Saturday so it was time to get it done. I had a little bleeding and some blow through but for my first I'm pretty happy with it. Can you tell where I'm from?

1586910013214.png

1586910068290.png

1586910148100.png

This is my EB410.2, first kit, first time painting a body. Stared at the clear body for quite a while but paint showed up Saturday so it was time to get it done. I had a little bleeding and some blow through but for my first I'm pretty happy with it. Can you tell where I'm from?
Well it's either chile or you're some kind of US-secessionist :D
This is a mean look, really cool! I will probably have to paint my first body soon and would
be very happy with a result like that.

Well it's either chile or you're some kind of US-secessionist :D
This is a mean look, really cool! I will probably have to paint my first body soon and would
be very happy with a result like that.

Oh wow, excuse my ignorance. I honestly didn't know the Texas flag and assumed chile :oops:
Well, I'm off to the shame corner, have a nice day everyone!

That makes your comment even better! No need to shame yourself! LOL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_secession_movements

That makes your comment even better! No need to shame yourself! LOL
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_secession_movements
Hah, I didn't know about the 1990s movement. Also, this is the first time I have read about the Texas Revolution of 1835. They have a lot of seceding going on!

I have just ordered a pre-painted body, so I'll be staying in the corner of shame for now.

@nub How many layers of paint is this? And what did you do to get the dirty/gritty look of the surface?

No shame rflx. Really, I thought it was funny.

It's 4 cotes of each and a final top coat of white. The first step for color was doing the black. I wanted the lower part of the body to be solid black and fade it up to a mist. The final result doesn't quite fit the vision but that's okay.
The bodies are pretty inexpensive and my LHS keeps them in stock. Trying to decide if I want to try something else.

Love it! Thats some amazing rookie sh!+ right there. Born and bread Texan...but the military made my home Arkansas now!

Reactions: nub
I was going to go with captain America.

The body came out real nice for a first body I like the shade effect the white got.

Recent Popular Liked

Back