• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Rear diff housing: upgrade or stay factory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Tekno has been good to me and I have not broken much!

But I had a bearing go out and take the hosing with it. stay with tkr5016b or upgrade?

The rig is not a heavy basher mostly track time ( not competitive racing )

F5542281-47B3-47B2-A7A2-5E22CD4D70DC.jpeg

there is nothing wrong with the OEM plastic... lack of proper maintenance will cause a bearing to fail/seize up and the excess heat from the bearing failure will take out other components with it... consider yourself lucky that you didn't overheat your motor and ESC which will be a lot more expensive to replace :(

To avoid this problem in the future, I recommend servicing your car after every 15-20 battery packs. A full service tune-up includes pulling every bearing, pry the rubber seals, flush and repack with fresh grease. Also clean and re-grease all the rubber seals in the diffs and shocks. If your shock fluid is still clean, then you can pour it into a dixie cup to recycle the fluid. Also inspect and replace the pins on any of your dog bones and the first hint of any flat spots:
Good Luck!

there is nothing wrong with the OEM plastic... lack of proper maintenance will cause a bearing to fail/seize up and the excess heat from the bearing failure will take out other components with it... consider yourself lucky that you didn't overheat your motor and ESC which will be a lot more expensive to replace :(

To avoid this problem in the future, I recommend servicing your car after every 15-20 battery packs. A full service tune-up includes pulling every bearing, pry the rubber seals, flush and repack with fresh grease. Also clean and re-grease all the rubber seals in the diffs and shocks. If your shock fluid is still clean, then you can pour it into a dixie cup to recycle the fluid. Also inspect and replace the pins on any of your dog bones and the first hint of any flat spots:
Good Luck!
Yes I take full responsibility for this failure. I was just being lazy.

My Rc collection has risen x3 in the past couple years and maintenance on the high end rigs is not at the level it should be

Thanks for the response I will order the stock parts.

Recent Popular Liked

Back